t w e n t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

I grab her hand and kiss it before leaving the room crying.

"How could I be so stupid", I mumble to myself.
"What do you mean how could you be so stupid?", I look up and see Hayley and Katie standing by Annie's door.
"And why are you crying?", Hayley asks.

"Annie doesn't have cancer, she was pregnant. And when they drugged her to do her operation, they didn't realise she was pregnant and her baby had a chance of dying. They took her into the operation room after I told them that she was pregnant and they tried to wake her up but they couldn't. They had an emergency c-section and her baby boy was born then 14 minutes later she had a baby girl. But the worst thing is. I raped her. Because I knew she didn't want to have sex with me. I don't know what went through my head. And now Annie is dying and it's all my fault", I say crying while walking towards Annie's hospital room.

Katie and Annie run and give me a hug.

"We don't forgive you for what you have done, but right now we all need to come together for Annie", Katie says while crying.

We all walk into Annie's hospital room and take a seat.

***

It's been about 25 minutes and we still haven't heard if Annie has passed away yet. Hayley is looking out the window at the moon, Katie is tapping her feet on the ground and biting her nails while I'm shaking and crying.

All of a sudden, a loud siren fills the halls and the rooms in the hospital. What's going on?

Nurses, doctors and surgeons all run down the hall screaming, "Emergency in room 402, Emergency in room 402".

I turn to look at Katie.

"ANNIES IN ROOM 402!", I scream.

Katie, Hayley and I all follow them to room 402. We stop and look through the mirror. I saw something I didn't think I would ever see.

Another girl.

Annie had another baby. Triplets. And they are all premature. She was born at 12.14am 2nd January 2024. What have I done.

I turn to Katie and she looks super worried. I turn back to look at the room and I feel my stomach drop.

Another girl. Born 12.15am 2nd January 2024.

I can't believe what I'm seeing, I got Annie pregnant with quadruplets. I feel sick to my stomach. None of those four babies, if they survive, are going to see their mother.

"They babies are stable!", one nurse calls out. I let out a sigh of relief that they are safe. But my beautiful girlfriend, that I raped-

"That's it. She's gone", the surgeon says.

No no no no no! She can't be gone! No! Not Annie! No.

All the surgeons, doctors and nurses pile out of the room.

I push through all of them. She can't be gone.

Her heart monitor is flat. Nothing. Her body lies there lifeless.

I in so much shock I can't even cry.

"BRENNAN WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE SO SELFISH!", I scream out, loud enough for the whole world to hear.
I grab her hand.

"Annie, I will always love you", I put her hand down, stand up and walk towards the door.

"Brennan?"

I turn back to see a sight I never though I would see. Annie. She sat up like nothing had happend. She looked.... normal.

"Anni-"
"Brennan, I heard what you said.... I'm sorry, I don't know what to do, but there is only one thing I'm going to do, I'm going to forgive you because I'm not having my baby grow up without a dad, even though you really hurt me when you told me you raped me, I still love you".

"Annie, you had quadruplets.....", I run over to her a kiss her on the lips.
I pull away and she lays lifeless again on the bed. Did I just imagine that?
I look over at her heart monitor and it turns on.

She is alive.

I run out of the room and scream,"SHES ALIVE! JULIANNA GRACE LEBLANC IS ALIVE!"

Eveyone comes running back into the room.

"This is a miracle. We have never seen anything like this happen before!", a surgeon says.

Katie runs and gives me a hug and so does Hayley. I still don't know if I imagined her saying those things or she actually told me she forgives me.

"She's in a coma, but within a couple of days she should wake up and should remember everything that has gone on", another surgeon says.

I can't believe it. This is a real miracle. I have four babies and my beautiful girlfriend is still alive. I still don't know is she actually forgave me, but when she wakes up all I can do is hope that she does forgive me. I decided not to name the babies yet, I'll wait till Annie is awake and she can name them.

I walk out of the room and see Dylan standing there.

"So I hear you raped Annie aye? Well, let's just say, someone might of put something in both of your drinks which caused you to rape her and Annie to be in a deep sleep", i look at him angrily. This wasn't even my fault!
"Oh yeah, by the way there names start with D and M, and you know both of them, as they are both standing in front of you right now".

Right before my eyes, Mia walks out from behind Dylan's back.

She is the stalker and her and Dylan caused all this to happen just because Mia has had a crush on me for years. How did I not see this? If only I had realised how obsessive she was I could of prevented all of this from happening. Dylan was dating Katie, while all of this was going on. He went behind her back to hurt her best friend.

"How could you", I scream while walking towards them,"How could you do this to all of us! Do you even think about things?", I make a fist with my hand and punch Dylan and Mia in the face.

"Stay away from here!!", I scream in their faces, "See you guys in court", I say before stomping away.

I walk back to the window and look at my four beautiful babies and my beautiful girlfriend lying in the room.

If only things had gone so much differently.