Can you hear my heartbeat?

People asked for more, so I wrote more. You're welcome <3
~
~
Ice.

The only place that Viktor truly felt at home.

The way the blades of his skates would slice against the sturdy surface, the way he could glide through the air almost as if he didn't have to live on the ground. Viktor loved it, cherished it even.

He was enthralled by the glassy surfaces and the coldness of the room. He could even remember the moment that he had decided to become a skater, unlike others it didn't begin with watching someone who inspired him.

No.

He'd ventured out into the barren wasteland of his back garden, snow trickling from the sky like fluttering fairies slowly floating towards the ground.

Little Viktor had trudged through the soft, melting coldness towards a thin layered sheet of ice over his family pond. The little boy had giggled softly as he looked at his reflection in the glossy cover.

Viktor's shoulder length hair fell forward as he watched his reflection rock side to side with him. With a cold gust of wind, the small boy found himself tumbling towards the mirrored version, only to land on the hard surface with an 'oomph'.

Viktor tried to find his grip in order to pull himself up but instead found his body was only sliding further into the ponds centre.

His startlingly gorgeous blue eyes widened, as he noticed himself safe from the freezing water that would usually greet him. The boy wobbled as he stood up, his feet barely being able to find the grip he needed.

Viktor stumbled forward momentarily, his heart pounding at the fear of falling face first back into the frozen ground.

His shoes didn't help him keep still as his legs slid in opposite directions making Viktor panic before accidentally pushing himself forward and making him move gracefully over the ice.

Realising what to do, Viktor put his body weight into pushing closer to the edge of the pond. When he had glided close enough, the silver-haired kid stepped off the ice and smiled triumphantly.

The next day his mother would go out and buy him his first pair of ice skates and three weeks later he attended his first ever ice skating lesson. Viktor had been in love ever since.

The fact that he had managed to become internationally famous and was recognised as the best male figure skater in the world, in his opinion only boosted his desire to be a part of the sport.

By the time he reached the age of twenty seven, he knew that his fame would soon start to fade, especially considering his love of surprising the audience was becoming near impossible.

Viktor knew that his reign as champion was eventually going to come to a bitter end, but still the dawning reality shook him.

The Russian was somewhat depressed about the ordeal, though anyone who knew him couldn't sense any change in the childishly hyperactive man-child.

Viktor wouldn't let emotions pass his face if he didn't have to, then nobody else would have to feel for him.

Unfortunately, the Russian did have people in his life who could tell exactly what he was thinking or feeling making it impossible for him to lie about his emotions.

One of these people, knew Viktor far too well. The person practically had to put up with his personality since he was adopted into the Nikoforov family at the age of five.

Of course, now he thought of the over-the-top male as his brother and therefore didn't mind his reactions half as much as others who were irritated to no end. This was Viktor's little brother and all round skating prodigy Yuri Plisetsky.