cops

I wake up and see cops running around like mice through the house. There is a sheet laying over Mom and I feel my heart drop. No. No. NO!  This can not be happening right now. What the fuck. What the fuck. No. This has got to be some sick twisted dream. I punch myself repeatedly.

Fuck. FUCK. This is all fucking real. That means... I look down and see that I am partially covered with a blanket of some sort. That bastard is going to die. "FRANK! FRANK, YOU ASSHOLE! I HOPE YOU ROT IN HELL!"

I scan the room for Frank before a similar lump by my mother is lightly uncovered. "Is this Frank?"

"Yeah," is all I am able to mumble at the police officer. Frank shot himself, too. Must've gotten scared after he saw my mother...well...die.

"Miss, we're going to have to ask you a few questions, if you're okay enough to do that."

I pull my pants up under the blanket and make sure my shirt is pushed down before I throw the blanket off of me and try rather unsuccessfully to stand. A cop helps me up and leads me to the porch outside.

"I hate to be picky, but can I sit somewhere? I can't exactly stand very well at this point in time." She nods and leads me over to her car, which I hastily sit down on.

She tells me all of what happened. Apparently, Mom called the cops as soon as she got upstairs, knowing that it would take a few minutes for the cops to get to the house. She walked downstairs with Frank's gun, shot herself, then the cops came in, Frank shot himself, and Mom left a note upstairs for me. She must've had this all planned out, seeing as there is no possible way that my Mom would've been able to do all of this in the short amount of time she was upstairs.

The cop interrogated me for a few hours, then asked if there was anyone I could stay with. My aunt lives in town, so I figure I'll stay with her from now on. She never had a problem with me. The lady cop drives me to my aunt's house.

"Oh, Nina! What are you doing here?" The cop lady had walked me up to my door, wanting to explain the situation to my aunt.  Thank goodness, my aunt welcomed me to come sit on the couch. Since I was too tired to stay awake in this rather surreal experience, I didn't even try.

I laid down on the wood floor in front of her couch and fell asleep.