Chapter 2

Chapter 2

         I ran a couple laps around the gym, getting my muscles loose. After that, I got a men's size ball and took a few layups, getting the feel for the particular rim and backboard. After that, I tried a few elbow shots. I missed a few, but made a lot. I practice dribbling with the ball, doing crossovers, in-between the legs, and behind the back.

     I did a few silly shots, spinning around and throwing it at the basket. I tried making a layup in by throwing it up from under my leg, but I missed terribly. I smirked and dribbled to the half court line. I threw it, and missed by a long shot. An air ball.

    I giggled and ran to get the ball. As I was driving for a layup, I tripped on my shoelaces, almost falling on my face.

    The first thing I heard when I picked myself up was laughter. I sat up quickly and looked around warily. I was at the foul line. I turned to look at the bleachers and was shocked to find about ten.. men.. watching me. I blushed and stood up quickly.

    I looked to where my water bottle was, and quickly made my way over to it. How could I not notice them come in!? I sat down on the floor, making sure my body was facing away from them. They all glanced at me, then ran over to the ball rack and grabbed balls. Then they started shooting.

   Man, they were good. They made every shot, and I mean every single one. I made sure I looked disinterested, but I was watching them intently. There was one man who wouldn't stop sinking the threes. I watched him the most. I couldn't really see him, but I knew he was good-looking from here.

   Then Coach walked in and looked at me smirking. Uncle Derrick was coming up behind him. When he saw me, he waved me over. I walked over slowly, making sure not to look over at the guys. When I was almost at Uncle Derrick, a ball hit me in the head.

  I flipped around instantly. Two of the guys were smirking at me. They saw my face and their smirks faded a little. I was so used to being hit in the head by Ethan, so I barely feel it anymore. "Immature," I mumbled.

  I turned to Uncle Derrick and hugged him. The guys instantly started laughing. I pulled away from him, blushing. "Shut up!" Coach barked. "Get over here, I have an announcement!" The boys instantly started to file around us.

   I took a step back into Uncle Derrick. "Uh, Coach Derrick?" one of the boys at the back said. "That one looks a little young for you." I blushed harder.

    Coach glared at him. "That was uncalled for, Codi!" he shouted. "Five suicides when we're done here." Codi groaned.

   "Okay, men. I bet you're all wondering what she's doing here," he said, pointing to me. They all nodded. "She's going to be on your team." They all laughed. I let my head drop. If they don't think I'm good enough, then who will?

     "You're kidding, right?" another one asked. Coach looked down at me, smirked, and looked back to the team.

   "No," he said simply. "Introduce youreself." He pushed me towards the boys and I instinctively took a step back.

    "Uh.." I probably looked like an idiot. "I'm Savannah," I said quietly. "I hope I can help you on the team." Two were whispering to themselves, making me extremely self-concious. "It's my first year here," I stammered. "But I hope I can be friends with some of you."

   The two that were laughing and taking amongst themselves stepped forward. "You can be our friend, Savannah," one said, "I'm Trevor."

     The other smirked. "I'm Jackson." One was white; Trevor, and the other was black; Jackson. I smiled warily at them.