Chapter 17 (The Fight Club)

Start from the beginning

"We need to talk soon." She whispers.

As soon as the words leave her mouth my head turns in her direction so fast I swear I felt like I just got whip lashed. My eyes must convey my confusion about why she said that because most girls say that when your going to break up or because you did something wrong, and from what I remembered about both situations...

We weren't officially dating because I was going to prove to her and Gaelan that my player-ish ways were done and gone, and I don't think I did anything wrong just yet...

"It's nothing bad there's just some things we need to talk about. Okay?"

I nod my head and smile but in my head I'm freaking out.

What would she want to talk to me about?

Did she not like me?

Or what if, I swallow really hard, she likes Gaelan and wanted to just tell me to stop being all lovey dovey with her.

Or maybe she wanted to talk about my 'reputation' from my old school...

Anything is possible but like dammit what am I supposed to say about the Gaelan thing? I'm new to these damn feelings. I don't stay the morning after! I just play with them and leave them! But Spencer, she's different, I made out with her, nothing less, nothing more, and still stuck around for more.

I don't know what I'm going to do if she wants to talk about my 'reputation' back at Sheffield. I can always lie and say that an ex-girlfriend started it. But she'll find out about it eventually then she'll be even more mad at me since I lied. I have to tell her everything if she asks. God she's going to hate me when I tell her! Gaelan's going to probably hate me more! I have to tell her though she deserves the truth from me.

She can't like Gaelan!

She's mine! I love her!

Wait...

Whoa...

Where did that come from?!

I can't love her!

She's just a girl I met 2 days ago nothing special, my rampant thoughts hold still for a second.

Right...?

But that's a complete lie and I know it. .

And the other thing...

Well hopefully I'm doing a good enough job convincing her about my damn feelings. What would she want to talk to me about? I swear if its Gaelan I'll....

What? I can't do anything to him. He's head over heels for Casey. He wouldn't even know about Spencer's feelings if she had any, let alone what to do about them.

Besides hes my only brother. I couldn't hurt him just like he couldn't hurt me even when he really wanted to go punch Cam because from when we walked up to them, it looked like he was flirting with Casey.

Gaelan's Casey.

I mean seriously? They practically had an hour long makeout session last night! For crying out loud anyone can see somethings going on between them.

I suddenly feel my hand being squeezed and I look to see Spencer smiling brightly up at me. Okay so maybe I'm wrong about this whole thing... Maybe it's not going to be as bad as I made it out to be.

"Hey Gale? Spence? Case? Daniel? I think I'm going to go now just before Gaelan decides to kill me..." Cam tries saying hurriedly and a bit jokingly as he scrambles back to wherever he's supposed to be. By the time he's out of earshot we're all killing ourselves laughing. Once we calm down we head into the dining hall to start setting up.