1. Train Ride Thoughts

I own nothing! J.K.Rowling owns everything!

--------------------------

Evangeline Malfoy sighed as she leant her head against the window of the train, her chin was resting in her palm and her elbow was stiff from being bent for so long. The scenery outside was rushing past, too fast for her to focus on anything, and she'd seen the Scottish landscape many times - she often wondered if her parents ever tired from seeing the landscape year after year. It often looked the same at this time of year, as if nothing had changed. Her eyes glanced down to the book that was open in her lap but she couldn't concentrate on it, it was the seventh book she'd tried to read that journey, tried being the operative word. All in all, she was bored out of her mind and didn't seem to be able to find anything that could change that. She took to watching the water droplets on the window fall for another 10 minutes before she gave up completely and decided to walk round the train.

She stood up and grabbed her bag from the storage above her head to put her book away. She walked out without saying a word, she didn't need to say anything. There was no one in the compartment. Eva was used to being alone now, it had happened about a year or two ago that'd she'd noticed she was by herself more often and that her friends were all busy elsewhere. At first it had hurt, she'd wondered if she'd done anything wrong, but soon enough she used it to her advantage and spent more time preparing for her O.W.L.S.

She looked left and right, the passageway was surprisingly sparse, one or two students standing in door frames but no one running to find the Trolley Lady - still alive after all these years. She went right, heading towards the end of the train but still a good 5 carriages away. She felt the wind get knocked out of her as she was passing through to the next carriage when someone ran into her, but instead of ending up on the floor like her younger brother Markos, two strong hands caught her waist and kept her up.

Markos recovered quickly and didn't even think to dust himself off before he ran off again. "Sorry Eva!" He called as he went. "Good prank gone wrong! Angry mob's after me!!!!"

Eva shook her head as she grinned at the actions of her brother, of course he had to do something before they even got to school. She heard someone chuckle softly behind her, causing her to freeze as she noticed her savior still had their hands on her waist. She turned around suddenly to see who it was, but flushed and jumped back almost immediately when she realized just how close their noses were to touching.

"Sorry Bellamy, I didn't mean to-" She spoke timidly.

"Don't worry about it, Eva." He cut her off, still chuckling. Bellamy Wood was in Gryffindor, starting his final year at Hogwarts, something which the entire female population of the school would cry over during his last few days. He was tall, with a strong lean body from playing Quidditch since his second year - keeper just like his father - and he was incredibly smart, friendly, competitive, and slightly mischievous, a personality that girls couldn't help but find attractive. But unfortunately for them, he'd only had one or two girlfriends whilst at school, only lasting a couple of months at most (gone their separate ways as friends) and it was very unlikely that he'd date the entire female population before the end of the year, but the most of the girls haven't given up hope.

"And thank you for-"

"My pleasure to catch a damsel in distress." Bellamy smiled at her, causing Eva to give a shy smile in response.

"Are y-" Eva started but she didn't get to finish as she was once again run into, causing her to fall into Bellamy.

"WHERE IS HE?" An enraged voice spoke behind her. Eva turned to find Markos's twin sister, Melania, fuming - and behind her seemed to be the rest of the now third years. "Where is that good for nothing twin of mine?"