Chapter 3

After Elizabeth left yesterday Dr.Smith left yesterday started asking me questions about what happened in class that day.

 "Are you sure thats's what happened?"

 "Yeah." i lied. He wasn't buying it.

 "Ana, this is serious." He replied with a completely strait face.

 "i know." i said.

 "So what your telling me is that-"

 "i tripped and fell on a rock and then fell and hit my head on another rock." There was a long silence before either of us dared to speak again.

 "You fell and tripped on a rock... at school?"

 "Well...", i started to realise the stupidness of my story "i was-"

  "Ana, Elizabeth told me what happened. And so did Allyson. Elizabeth said that it wasn't the first time... that you stood up for her and got hurt. Elizabeth said that this was the first time that you needed stitches and she thought it was all her fault. I really admire what you did for her... Do you want to tell me what really happened?"

 I stared at him in shock. "Um..."

 "You don't have to tell me why you did it if you don't want me to." he said.

  "i just... i-i'm uh..."

  He looked at me for a few more seconds before he reached into the pocket on his coat and pulled out a card and a persciption.

 "This is Beth's card." he said as he handed me the bright blue card.

 I took the card and read it "Bethany Smith?"

 "She my wife. She is a consuler at your school, maybe if you don't want to talk to me you can talk to her about it. Elizabeth said that your more comfortable around girls."

 My mouth hung open in shock. I wanted to say so may things. Why would Elizabeth say i was more comfortable around girls?!

 "...i'll um... i'll think about it."  i ended up saying.

 "You should." He wrote than handed me the persription he had written the persription he had written. "This is cream for your eye use it 4 times a day."

 "Oh... OK. Can i go now?"

 "Sure i'll call your mom" he said then got up and left.

 My parents were back at the hospital in about an hour. I spent that hour sitting in silence thinking of all the possible reasons she could have said that. One stuck in my mind but in the end i decided that she was just joking when she said i was more comfortable around girls.