The Venue: Crypt on the Green

The chosen venue for the London WattCon is the Crypt on the Green, a unique space in the City of London. The Crypt is located at the St James Church, Clerkenwell which is the site of the first nunnery to be built in London dating back to 1100 AD. Attendees to the WattCon will feel welcome in the large room with its vaulted brick ceiling.

How to get there Situated on Clerkenwell Green, opposite The Three Kings pub, the Crypt is a short 6-minute walk from Farringdon Station

How to get there
Situated on Clerkenwell Green, opposite The Three Kings pub, the Crypt is a short 6-minute walk from Farringdon Station.

If coming by car, there are three National Car Parks within a 5-minute walk located at Saffron Hill, Farringdon Road and Hatton Garden.

The Crypt on the GreenSt James ClerkenwellClerkenwell CloseLondon EC1R 0EA

St James Clerkenwell
Clerkenwell Close
London EC1R 0EA

What to do
Follow the Wattpad signs and show your ticket at the registration table. The venue opens at 11.00 and the events will begin at 11.30. Come and say hello and mingle with the fellow attendees.

During the lunch break, you can enjoy the large variety of coffee shops, cafes and delis in the area. Well known, affordable food chains such as Benugo as Pret-A-Manger are within a 5-minute walk from the Crypt.

Please note that smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Crypt or Church premises. Keep in mind that there are no coat storage facilities at the venue.

Where to stay
If you haven’t booked your stay yet, the following hotels are within walking distance of the Crypt on the Green:

- Holiday Inn London Kings Cross – Bloomsbury (8 minute walk)
- Thistle City Barbican Hotel (9 minute walk)