#LondonWattCon16 Haiku

On Saturday, 3rd December we will be running a competition both at the event, but also on Twitter

On Saturday, 3rd December we will be running a competition both at the event, but also on Twitter.  The prize will be some Wattpad swag.  

In celebration of Wattpad's 10th birthday, all you have to do is write a Haiku poem based on the theme "what Wattpad means to me" and tweet a screen shot of it, adding the hashtag #LondonWattCon16Haiku between 11 a.m and 3 p.m GMT.

Haiku is a Japanese poetry form. A haiku uses just a few words to capture a moment and create a picture in the reader's mind.

Haiku is written in three lines, with five syllables in the first line, seven syllables in the second line, and five syllables in the third line.  

Here is an example of a Haiku, written by the wonderful OwainGlyn :

Wattpad is our home

A place for our creations

A site for sharing

The rules

To be eligible for the competition, each entry on twitter must include your Wattpad username.  We will contact the Twitter winner via their Wattpad inbox only. 

Only Haikus posted between 11 a.m and 3 p.m on 3rd December will be considered.  

All entries must include the hashtag #LondonWattCon16Haiku

We will be picking one winner at the event and one winner on Twitter. Our judges are the esteemed  OwainGlyn  and TheOrangutan . The judges decision is final.

Good luck and get creating :)