The Reluctant Kiss

Poppy's POV

'Today's gonna be a fantastic day!' My alarm clock sang. 'Noo.. Today's not gonna be a fantastic day... 'I mumbled. I sat up in bed and saw that DJ Suki, Satin and Chenille had already woken up and was waiting for me. 'Morning Poppy!' The three of them chirped in unison. 'Morning guys.' I said triedly. 'So I guess today's the day where we do our dares huh?' Chenille said with a nervous laugh. 'Yep. You and Satin have to wear the least fashionable clothes for 1 day, DJ Suki has to kiss Guy Diamond and I...' I paused, not wanting to say my dare. 'And you have to kiss Jackson.' DJ Suki finished for me, giggling a little. I sighed and climbed out of bed. 'Well, I guess let's start with the twins first.' I said, a devilish smile creeping up my face.

*time skip*

'Ok, there is Guy Diamond. You go get him girl!' I semi-whispered to DJ Suki. Me and the twins hid behind a bush while watching Suki shyly approach Guy Diamond. 'Hey DJ Suki!' Guy Diamond said cheerfully in his slightly auto-tuned voice. 'Hi.' DJ Suki said shyly. 'DJ? What's wrong? Are you sick or some-' Guy Diamond was cut off by DJ Suki kissing him. Me and the twins started fangirling when Guy Diamond started to kiss DJ Suki back. When they parted, DJ Suki started to talk faster than a bullet train. 'I'm really really sorry this was all for a dare I swear I'm so sorry I didn't mean to....' DJ Suki rubbed her neck awkwardly. 'It's ok... I kinda liked it actually... Wanna go out sometime?' Guy Diamond asked. 'S-sure... ' DJ Suki replied. When Guy Diamond left, me and the twins jumped out of our hiding spot and congratulated her. 'Oh my gosh! You and Guy Diamond are so cute together!' I squealed. DJ Suki smiled and her devilish grin came back on her face. 'Lookie who's there....' She said in a semi-mocking tone. When I turned to the direction she was looking at, I saw Jackson. Oh no. 'It's your turn girl.' DJ Suki gave me a push towards Jackson. The three hid behind a bush before Jackson came up to me. ' Hey Poppy, fancy seeing you here. 'He said, with his thick British accent. 'Just kiss him and be over with it.' I replayed this phrase over and over in my mind again. I took a deep breath, then suddenly grabbed Jackson's hair and kissed him on the lips. The kiss only lasted 5 seconds but in that 5 seconds I heard a very familiar voice calling my name. I quickly broke apart from Jackson and saw that it was Branch that called me. He stood there, mouth agape, and looked and me and Jackson simultaneously. 'I'm sorry for interrupting I'll just get going now. ' he said awkwardly and started to walk back to his pod. 'Look Poppy, we are just friends OK? I don't want us to be any more than that. So can we just forget that kiss?' Jackson said. 'Yeah. That was for a dare anyways... So sorry.' I gave a nervous laugh. 'See you later then.' I replied as smoothly as I can. I looked in the direction of Branch's pod and decided to go pay him a visit.

Yay! Second chapter finished! Poor Branch, he must be crying his heart out right now. 😂 Anyways, Chapter three may or may not be published today, time really matters so just stay with me and I'll see if I can write chapter 3 or not. Peace!