A New Morning

Poppy's POV

"Today's gonna be a fantastic day!" My alarm clock sang. I quickly sat up and hopped out of my bed. I skipped my way to the living room which was right beside my bedroom. 'Good morning Poppy. ' Greeted my Dad as he took sips of his usual morning coffee. 'Morning Daddy. ' I said as I sat down at the dining table. 'Look at you, Queen of the trolls and you are only 21!' My Dad chuckled as he watched me hungrily eat up my breakfast.'Oh yes, Poppy, didn't you say you were going to bring your friends back to our old town to collect the rest of our belongings?' My Dad questioned. I froze. Oh no. 'Oh my gosh I totally forgot!' I exclaimed. I was in panic mode right now and I sprinted back to my room to grab my bag and went back to the living room in record time. 'Goodbye Daddy, see you later!' I said giving him a quick peck on the cheek. 'Goodbye sweetheart, be careful!' I heard him shout as I raced out of the house. I ran as fast as I could to Branch's pod. Yes, he did live in a pod now, and it's right next to mine! Why I was going to Branch's pod you may ask, well, it's because I agreed with him to meet up at his house at 7 o'clock  in the morning, and now it's already 7:30! I should have set my alarm clock last night....

Branch's POV

I stood at my doorstep, arms folded and tapped my toes. Where is that Poppy?  She agreed to meet me at 7 o'clock but it's already 7:30! She's 30 minutes late! Suddenly, I saw a familiar pink figure run towards my house. 'Sorry- Branch, I-forgot to-set my alarm clock last-night. ' Poppy said in between pants. 'Well, we better go get the rest of the snack pack and make our journey back to our old troll village.' I said, hoping that Chenille and Satin won't take forever to get ready like yesterday. You wouldn't believe how long they took to just "freshen up". Suddenly, I felt Poppy grab my arm. 'All right! Let's go!' Poppy said while tugging my arm towards Cooper's house. I let out a small sigh and felt my heart rate increase a little. Maybe it's because how close me and Poppy were standing to one another. I have to admit, I did have a crush on Poppy the moment I saw her. I mean, who wouldn't? Her sweet voice, her pretty pink hair and- wait, what on earth do you think you're doing Branch? I mentally scolded myself. I sighed and pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. Poppy's stubbornness and cheerful attitude made me both hate and love her. 'And we're here!' Poppy said and let go of my arm. I approached Cooper's door and knocked on it. 'Cooper!' I shouted. Oh boy, hopefully we can quickly get this over with...

And boom! Second chapter done. Third chapter would also be out today so stay tuned! Peace!