PART TWO - FOURTEEN

Start from the beginning

Jayden and Micah.

A phone.

Five men standing in the elements.

And then the third thing made Damon's heart pound. Ashley went limp. Passed out, Damon decided. She couldn't die. They'd just started to get along. As fear tried to claw it's way up Damon's throat, shoving his relief out the window, Damon turned to see that the vampyre's had been slowly approaching while the angel had hovered over head. He called out for two of them, as he did, Damon was aware how empty of emotion his voice was, but, at that moment, he couldn't bring himself to care. "Micah. Jayden."

All the vampyre's turned to look at Damon when he spoke. Nine vampyre's and two wolves. Micah came over and took Ashley from him. Good thing too because Damon suddenly felt like he needed to sit down.

Micah was over five hundred years old, according to Ashley who laid limp in Micah's strong arms. His blond hair trailed down the vampyre's back like a well tamed snake, and his dark sea green eyes were watching him carefully. Micah was shorter than Damon as he was only inches taller than Ashley who was an entire foot shorter than him. Although, that was different when she was in her demonic form. She must have been at least ten and a half feet tall as the large humanoid like lizard creature. And in that form, she was twice the width of her human form also.

Looking back at Micah, Damon remembered his shock at finding out that the new bar owners had been vampyre's when Ashley had first told him. But, once Ashley had said that, it almost made sense with how they acted. How they moved. How they looked. Damon wanted to smile at remembering his friends words of how he wouldn't mind having the blonde waitress as his girl. Back then, Damon had felt confused when the girl – Maize – had turned to glare at them. Now he knew that it was because she'd heard their conversation.

Suddenly remembering that Ashley had showed him images as another wave of dizziness swept over him, Damon told Micah and Jayden what he saw. "Ashley showed me an image of you two, her phone and then five men standing in fire, water, a–"

"Air, earth, and spirit," Jayden said, moving forward slightly. "Her Brotherhood."

Jayden was one of the two vampyre's that had joined Ashley in school. The other, Catherine, wasn't around. Or at least, she wasn't now, she'd arrived with the nine vampyre's and obviously at some point during the fight, she'd disappeared.

Jayden was nearly half a foot shorter, and not as broad as Damon, but that didn't matter because the black haired male was a vampyre. He had Ashley's genes inside him. And any with an originals genes in them was a clear do-not-mess-with-them-if-your-human. Looking into Jayden's midnight blue eyes showed confusion. Damon knew that their had been a couple of times when Jayden had just wanted to get rid of him. Like when Ashley had finally agreed to tell him what he wanted to know and Jayden had called him a "boy" once he'd got into the car. Back then, Damon had wanted to show Jayden just how much of a "boy" he was by punching the guy in the face, hoping to harm him. Only Ashley in the car and the wanting to know what the hell was going on had stopped him.

Now, though, he was glad he hadn't. Because now, Damon knew that the guy would have won hands down – if Ashley hadn't been around. It was almost funny to know that a smaller, less strong looking person could stop even the largest of men with a glance. But now, Ashley was... unconscious, Damon could only wonder whether or not Jayden would stay back.

As another, more forceful wave of dizziness assaulted him, he hoped the guy would wait until he was feeling better at least. God he wanted to puke and sleep. In which ever order. Right now, he really didn't care, his head was starting to thump as though someone was repeatedly hitting him with a bat.