Chapter Fourteen

Of course she was shocked, who wouldn't be shocked, but she pulled it together and walked back home. Her legs felt like they'd collapse at any moment and she felt nauseous. She was in disbelief but she soon gripped that it wasn't even him saying it out of fear of his step-mother, he said it through his own will.

Time passed, they didn't see each other for the rest of summer and school finally started again. She saw him a few times, he seemed a bit more aggressive instead of reserved. He stood up for himself and his apraxia had slightly faded due to him reciting words over and over until he could say them properly.

She stood next to him on the second day of school in the schoolyard before classes started, she greeted him but to no avail, he acted like she didn't exist. "Ok I know I'm short but I'm at least noticeable." She was a little frustrated as she tugged his shirt.

"What do yo-u wan-t?" His eyes slimmed down toward her and she gulped.
"Your attention."
"pathetic."
"You don't have to be a jerk Ly, you aren't as above this as you think you are."
"Everyo-ne's above yo-u Cass."
"..." She paused before closing her eyes and continuing.
"Why...?"
"What?"
"Why did you ditch me and change?"
"..."
"Was I not helping you? Was I not satisfactory? I tried so hard and well... I don't get it."
"I..."
"You just left me and now you act completely different... I just wanted to help you."
"I'm..."
"Now you act as if you're in high school... What happened to you?"
"..." His facial expression dropped into a meaningless stare toward her.

"Do you even care?!" She yelled, people glanced but she ignored them.
".....ye-s."
"If you really care than answer me."
"I left because I could-n't handle the thou-ght of some-one caring."

She looked slightly shaken, she had gotten an answer and yet she still felt as if someone had sucker punched her in the gut.

".....please let me care again.....please stop acting like someone you're not...."
"...." Now both of them had at least a few tears on their cheeks, they stood in silence before hugging and walking into the school, he softened up a bit but only for her.

He matured without realisation, it just felt natural for him to begin treating others as badly as he was treated, and now that someone pointed it out to him, he finally stopped acting the way he did before she had spoke to him again.

{Another short chapter I know, I'm on break at the moment so I'll try getting this story up and going again.