Chapter 8: Prisoner

Ash was woken with a jerk, she opened her eyes and noticed all her friend were no where to be seen and Vulcan soldiers surrounding her.
"Wh-what the hell?" She said baffled.
"You're coming with us, scum." The soldier jerked her up.
She resisted and about 30 guns pointed in her direction. She sighed and let them put her in chains.

They held her captive at their post, just west of the camp they had set up.
The guards would pass and scold her or make jokes.
"Poor Xanadian."
"Scum."
"Just another bitch in chains."
"Why do we keep trash?"
She started to lose hope. It was already sunset. Why hadn't her friends came yet?

Earlier at the camp.

Deus dropped some supplies, "Ash? We're back! Ash?" He started to get worried, looking for the adorable jester.
He noticed Vulcan soldier tracks.
"Hell no!" He grabbed his lance and started walking, "I'll fucking kill them!"
Amaranth stopped him with her scythe.
"Woah there hero. We'll save your girlfriend but you can't take on a whole platoon by yourself." She looked at him.
"They took Ash!" Realization hit him, "She's not my girlfriend." He glared a bit.
"Sure. Okay, loverboy." She started walking, following the tracks.
Mason and Deus followed.

They saw the camp in the distance.
Deus noticed a familiar jester. That's when he lost it. He went into a dead sprint, rage pulsing from his skin.
"Deus don't!" Mason called.
"You fucking idiot!" The reaper yelled.
He ignored them and crashed into a soldier using his shoulder, knocking him to the ground.
"What the hell! Raise the alarms!" A Vulcan yelled.
He slammed his lance into someone and broke their shins then punched a soldier in the helmet and broke his nose.
Blood poured from Deus' hand and his shirt was torn. He heard gunfire and felt his body jerk many times.
He gritted his teeth and crushed a soldier's skull with his lance.
A huge silver mech lion came from behind it. Deus noticed something behind it.
Ash. His Ash. In chains.
He ran at the lion and swing into the head of it full force and it staggered but batted him into the side of a building. The impact causing blood to gush from his mouth.
He got up and cocked his arm back and hurtled his lance as hard as he could at the lion.
It struck dead center in its skull and shit down.
He ran and jerked his weapon from the fallen machine, and then to his beloved jester.
He got her loose from the chains and embraced her tightly, her hugging back crying.
"Fucking god Ash," He said, gasping for breathe, "Don't scare me like that again."
She was sobbing into his bruised and scratched chest, "I'm so sorry."
He coughed and choked on his own blood.
"Are you okay Ash?" He asked urgently.
She nodded and took out a cloth to wipe away the blood on his face.
She looked at him. He killed 4 soldiers, took dozens of bullets, killed one of the mech-lions, and is coughing blood for her. She hugged him tightly and started crying.
"I-I'm so sorry! I can't believe you had to go through that for m-me!" She hugged him tightly.
He hugged her tightly and kissed the top of her head. "I'm fine Ash... I'd do it 20 times it I had t-" He coughed.
"Hey lovebirds! We got trouble!" Amaranth yelled and Ash blushed a little.
That moment changed to mood.
A giant rumbling shook the camp. A huge figure grabbed a soldier, who screamed and flailed tried to escape.
A wendigo.
Mason was already firing into its eyes, Amaranth running at it and swinging at its feet.
Deus grabbed his weapon and charged.
Their attacks did nothing. The wendigo's regenerative abilities were too fast.
Ash shuffled through her deck and took out a king of spades and set it face up on the ground. She stomped on it as hard as she could and a portal opened up beside her.
A knight, no, a king, the height of the wendigo came out of the portal and raised his sword.
"Zeradias! Charge!" Ash shouted.
The king charged the wendigo, shoulder bashing it off balance and slicing its left leg off at the knee with his blade.
Amaranth and Deus moved just in time, not getting crushed.
Zeradias kicked the wendigo in the chest and came down in top of him the impaled the beast with his sword.
The king of spades chipped into pieces and blew away with the wind.
Ash ran up to them, "Are you three okay?"
Amaranth and Mason nodded.
Deus walked forward, "Yeah, we're fi-" He blacked out and collapsed at her feet, blood already soaking into the ground.
"Deus!" Ash screamed.