Two

Walking out into the rain as you approached the station you drew your jacked up around you to fend against the blistering cold of a late and dreary spring. The springs in London were aways dreary.

The skies were an angry grey, and spilled at the most inopportune times. It wasn't actually cold as it was always damp and the hazy fog settled into your bones. You wore your fall coat, yet as you moved in amongst the crowds the sticky heat of people clung to your body. The humidity of people and and the stench of wet leather nearly choked you.

Moving in around the passing no-mags you saw the station master. Ducking in behind one of the station pillars, you heard the blow of a whistle.

Rushing against the crowds as you tried to make it to the Hogwarts platform. Running towards the wall you passed through it as fast as you could.

You had heard of the muggles who saw magic users as fiends, like rats that were deserving of being shooed into the gutters. Yet as they didn't know that wizading folks could use magic in anyway, the muggles here had stereotyped them as the 'robe wearing weirdos'. Britain was in dire need of a reform when it came to magical laws. Even at the age of 16 you knew it. It was nearly common knowledge. Yet the ministry did nothing but told the careless to obliviate their mistakes.

As you stepped out into the platform you saw the smoke roll out of the massive new red steam locomotive.

Many students dropped out of the compartments with there many bags and cases.

Owls screeched, people ran, walked and hugged, along with chatted far too loud.

Many trunks and cases dropped to the ground, along with the sound of carts clattering, making a mesmerizing symphony.

You carried a large leather messenger bag, and carried the cage of your owl in your arms, as you walked into Kings Cross station. You looked as though you were one of them, and yet that was so far from the truth.

You watched the crowd of witches and wizards moved about, talking to friends and meeting their families.

One of the many boys drew your attention as he got off the train.

He was dressed in what looked like a tattered grey suit jacket along with warn black trousers. His blue eyes scanned over the mass of people amongst the smoke and steam emitted from the train.

He looked around in distaste, his eyebrows furrowing as you followed his line of sight to a certain girl chatting with a small pack of girls. He boy simply put, looked miserable and hurt.

Snapping out of your daze, your bother stood in front of you, and hit you in the face with a small Hogwarts flag .

Your brother, Robert had returned from another school year at Hogwarts. He had grown much taller since Christmas break, which was the last time you had seen him.

"You made it!" Robert said, as he smiled brightly.

"How was Ilvermorny this year?" Robert asked excitedly.

"Great, like always. Hogwarts?" You asked him.

"I met this guy, he's a Hufflepuff. I told him a bit about you." Robert said, as though that was the full story. He was just trying to pique your interest, he was as cunning as Slytherins could get.

"What did you tell him? And why does it matter, I imagine you talk about me all the time." You replied jokingly.

"I told him about the creatures that you learn about in school. He wants to meet you." He said almost nervously.

"Okay, who is he?" You asked.

"This really lonely guy named Newt." Robert said as he turned and signaled the boy dressed in grey approached the two of you.

Your heart almost stopped as he walked over, his brilliant blue eyed bore into your soul as though he hadn't a care. His messy red blonde hair covered his forehead in a way that reminded you of fallen leaves, or just severe bed head.

"Newt this is my sister." Robert said as he used his hand to gesture at you.

Newt scrunched up his face and looked as though he already hated you. You immediately felt self conscious under the gaze of the attractive stranger.

Newt said nothing as he stood there looking at you. Then after a moment his face softened and mused into a goofy half smile.

"She's cute am I right?" Robert said through fits of laughter.

"Shut up, Robert." You spat.

With a bright blush Newt looked to the ground, "I-I'm Newt."

"Nice to meet you Newt, I'm looking forward to spending the summer with you." You said to the boy with a kind smile.

He was Robert's only friend so it was a given that you would be seeing him a lot. Not to mention the letters you sent back and forth the last few weeks. He would have to put up with you for the next two months, and he was going to love it.

Please remember to vote on the chapter if you liked it, thanks.