I snapped my pencil, reminding myself of how to breathe with the sound of the breaking wood.

"What's the matter, Sel?" Chloe stared at me. "Did you really chase your father off?"

LET ME AT HER.

My arms moved of their own accord, grabbing Chloe's neck and slamming her against the wall. I heard the flapping wings of the akuma, getting ready to take over its prey and devastate Paris. I would fight Ladybug and... and Chat Noir.

That thought made me stop. Did I really want to be on Alya's Ladyblog as the villain? Did I really need to be known around school as the girl who got akumatized within her first month?

I let go of Chloe, patting her neck and purposefully rubbing off some of her makeup in the process. "Love your makeup." I told her sweetly. "What color is it?"

"Blueberry mint!" She yelled at me, furious. "My father will hear about this!"

I glared at her through my smile. "Oh, you met Tom Felton too?"

She stormed away, calling Sabrina behind her. When I turned around, a bit shameful of my outburst, the Chinese man was gone.

Adrien walked over to me, pulling Marinette behind him. "What was that?" He asked, his kindness taking me off guard.

"She said..." I swallowed. "She said I was responsible for my dad leaving."

Marinette, understanding immediately, pulled me into a hug. Adrien's features, if possible, softened even more. "I'm sorry. Chloe can be so mean sometimes."

"I attacked her." I bit my lip, my head resting on Marinette's shoulder. "I... I almost choked her."

Correction: I almost choked her. I would have, too, if you hadn't stopped me. Rude.

"This is your fault, then." I growled.

Marinette stepped away. "Calm down." She counseled. "They'll be quiet if you're just calm."

"No they won't!" I clenched my fists. "They never shut up!"

Adrien stepped in, concerned. "What's going on?"

Punch him.

"No!" I stomped my foot.

"Schizophrenia." Marinette explained everything in one word, and I hated her for it - putting me in a box, labeling me as a mental disorder freak.

"Oh." Adrien understood immediately. I turned my conflicted face towards him, and he offered a small smile.

"Leave." I told them bitterly. "Don't stick around out of pity. You don't have to be my friend."

"I was your friend before I knew." Adrien shrugged. "Why would schizophrenia change how I feel now? It's always been there, hasn't it?"

Bless Adrien.

Don't forget his God-given logic. Bless Adrien and his logic.

Hear, hear!

I let loose a small chuckle. "Fine. But... don't tell Alya. Not yet. And not Nino, either."

Adrien shrugged. "Don't worry, we're great at keeping secrets." He smirked at Marinette, who laughed in return. "Hey, that's our ride."

I turned around to see the driver holding open the passenger door. I crawled in first, not wanting to sit between my cousin and her boyfriend.

Putting my hand inside the waterbottle compartment, I felt a small box. I pulled it out, black with purple trim.

I turned to Adrien, who sat next to me. "Hey, is this yours?"