Klutz || Jamal & Michael

Michael Sanchez believed the universe talked to him. Directly? Of course not. Indirectly? All the time. Just this very morning it told him something very important; to leave Jamal Lyon alone. The universe had made it very clear to Michael that if he wanted any kind of relationship with Jamal, it should only be a platonic one.

You're probably wondering, how did the universe tell him this? Well you see, Michael had grown tired. He was tired of working at Empire, meaning he was tired of liking Jamal from a distance. There seemed to be no point in watching him from across rooms, creepily listening to his conversations with other people and "coincidentally" running into him every chance he got. There had to be something more, he had to do something more.

That's why this morning on his way to work Michael picked up Jamal's favorite cup of coffee from his favorite coffee shop. He thought giving the drink to him would open an opportunity for him to ask him on a date. That was the plan anyway, but that's not what happened.

What actually happened was; Michael walked into the empire building, accidentally bumped into Andre, spilt the coffee then slipped in it and.. long painful story short.. he was now in the doctor's office getting an x-ray on his ankle.

"Okay, I'll be right back. I'm just going to retrieve the x-ray photos." The doctor said after turning off the x-ray machine and leaving Michael alone with his thoughts.  Thoughts that scolded him for being so stupid, so clumsy, so—

"Michael!? Michael! There you are! Thank god you're alright!" Jamal rushed into the room, a strange mixture of panic, relief and guilt all present on his face. He hurried over to Michael, who was sitting up top on a padded counter with his ankle elevated. 

"Jamal? What are you doing here?" Jamal didn't answer the question at first, he took a second to pull Michael into a much needed hug, then let him go for a quick examination. All of this made Michael's heart beat so fast, he was glad he was already at a doctor's office just in case he had a heart attack. 

"Andre told me what happened. You're such a klutz. Where were you going in such a hurry anyway?"

Maybe the universe wasn't telling Michael that he shouldn't be seeking a romantic relationship with Jamal. Maybe it was just giving him a better opportunity to do so. He had to take it while it was right in front of him.  

"I was.. I was on my way to see you, actually."

Jamal's eyes lit up with surprise, "To see me? Why?" He couldn't remember the last time he and Michael saw each other one on one with nothing to do with business. He wanted to see him outside of work again, but that seemed inappropriate. Jamal knew he would inevitably fall for Michael all over again and since they had such a terrible dating history it was no doubt a horrible idea. Although, you know what they say, third time's the charm. 

"I- I was gonna ask you if you'd like to go out this saturday on a date or as friends, which ever, I don't kn—"

"No."

Was it possible to be killed by a single word? No, but that's what it felt like to Michael. No, he should have expected the answer. C'mon him and Jamal again? That was kind of a reach. 

"Oh, alright."

"No, because I'm pretty sure you sprained your ankle and you're not going to be able to go out. But, if you wanna have a date at my house or yours where we won't have to worry about your ankle.. then I'd love to do that."

For a regrettable moment, Michael ad forgotten all about his injured ankle, he quickly jumped up and pulled Jamal closer to him at an attempt to kiss him. At an attempt, which quickly failed miserably because of the pain shooting through his foot. He curled up in pain, barely noticing that Jamal had shifted over to let Michael double over in his lap. 

Jamal chuckled as he stared down at Michael in his lap. Even in pain, he still thought Michael looked angelic as ever.  He could't resist. He bent down and planted a soft kiss on Michael's cheek.

"Like I said, you're such a klutz."

//

Thanks @paniz2 for the idea! I'll be using other people's ideas too and crediting them. The next one is gonna be about Hakeem!