Chapter 3

Chapter 3

I was running through the woods, I can't remember how long I had been running. No matter how fast I was running I couldn't outrun the man that was chasing me. I stopped to catch my breath and looked around. I was in front of a lake that I had never seen before. The lake was lovely. I stood there forgetting about the man that was chasing me for a minute. When I came back down to reality he had already caught up. He was right behind me. I turned and he grabbed me around the waist and pulled my hair so I was looking right into his piercing blue eyes.

"I told you I would see you again, little girl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat up in my bed with sweat dripping from my face. I have never had a nightmare like that it was terrifying. I go into the bathroom to get the smell of sweat of me. The dream was so real especially with that guy from the other night and the line that he spoke to me. Let's just say that it didn't put me at ease about the whole situation when Lisa was nervous too.

Lisa was up again cooking breakfast, but no one was complain since she is the best cook we know. I went into the kitchen and got a plate, everybody else was already eating. I snuck a look at Lisa to make sure she was back to normal self still and of course I had nothing to worry about. She was talking to my brother, trying to annoy him into giving her the last piece of bacon.

I turn to my parents and ask, "So what's on the agenda today?"

"Well we were planning to go on a hike and have a picnic at the lake today and maybe camp out there for the night. How does that sound?"

I was practically jumping with joy I love hiking and the lake was the best place to camp at when the sky was clear of clouds and you could see all the stars. It was one of the prettiest things a person could ever see. I glance at my brother and Lisa to make sure that they wanted to go too. When I saw that they were nodding their heads in agreement.

 I was so excited I went straight up to my room to pack my hiking bag and filled up some water bottles for the hike. I went back downstairs once my things were in the bag and went into the kitchen to put some granola bars in with it. Everyone else is down after about five minutes, now all we have to do is pack the food for the trip.

"I was thinking we could go with hot dogs and smores. You know the typical camping trip meal, plus its easy.", says Lisa.

We all looked at her surprised because she loves cooking over a fire because it's a challenge. I never really got why she liked it though. Even though we are surprised we don't argue, we just pack some hot dogs and buns into the cooler. We head out as soon as we are done which is around ten.

We go to one of my favorite places to hike to the lake. The sun catches the trees at amazing angles, it makes me want to become a photographer sometimes. My dad leads our little group on the hike and I am at the end of the group, mostly because I like to stop and look at my surroundings every once in a while. They have no appreciation for the beauty of nature.

Lisa and I talk about school, which will be starting up in a few weeks. We can't wait, we will finally be seniors. After we graduate we are going to travel the world for two years then we are going to come back the states to go to college. We are so excited we have been saving for this trip since freshman year and my mom and dad decided to lend us some money for our trip, that is one of the reasons why I love my parents so much.

We get to the clearing and set up our tents first then build a fire and cook the hot dogs we brought. After we ear Lisa, my brother, and I decide not to waste a beautiful day and go swimming in the clearing. We play around for a little bit, but when we got tired we decided to work on out tans. We lay out in the sun soaking up the sun and hopefully not burning.

I think I might have fallen asleep because the next thing I know my idiot brother is trying to scare me awake. I look at him standing over me and reach for my bottle of water, I casually take a sip and then spit it up toward his face. He screams and makes a funny face and starts to rub his face with his towel, like he is going to get coodies from me. Lisa looks at him for a minute then she can't hold her laughter in any longer while I just sit there and smile.

Luke takes turns glaring and Lisa and I then he gets this creepy smile on his face. I know that can't be good so I push up off the ground getting ready run when Luke throws me over his shoulder and throws me into the water with Lisa following right after me.

We glare at him then I look at Lisa telling her my plan with the look that I just gave her, (and yes we are that close. We know what the other is saying with just a look.), she smiles and nods at me. I swim out to the middle of the clearing and dive down into the water and start to act like I am drowning. Lisa's part is to try to help me, but I pull her down with me. When Luke saw us, he jumped right in and swam toward us.