[16] Tears Don't Fall

Depuis le début

I quickly grabbed my phone and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, babe, it's Jason. What's up? What's so important that you need to tell me?"

"Do you have time to meet me somewhere?" I asked him.

"Yeah," he answered. "Where do you want to meet?"

"Well, Monica and I are at McDonalds. The one by my work. We could meet here."

"Okay," he answered. "I'll be in ten minutes."

"Okay."

The call ended and I turned my attention to Monica. "He's going to meet us here. He'll be here in ten minutes."

Monica smiled at me and we continued eating our lunch.

[Jason's POV:]

After I hung up with my wife, I turned to Joel. "Joel, I have to go meet my wife somewhere real quick. Do you want to ride with me?"

"Sure," Joel answered. When we got to McDonalds by Maci's work we went inside. The girls' were sitting at the table by counter. We walked over to them and Maci scooted over for me to sit beside her. Joel sat beside Monica. "What's up, babe?" I asked, taking one of her French fries and eating it.

She chewed on her bottom lip as she looked over at Monica. Monica nodded her head and then my wife turned back to me. She sighed as she took my hand. "Jason, uh, this might piss you off. But, uh, I f-found out I-I w-was p-pregnant this m-morning."

As soon as she said that, a gigantic smile spread across my face. "Baby, that's great," I answered, kissing her cheek. "Why did you think I'd be pissed?"

"Because a month ago when we, uh, had sex, the past week we'd been fighting. And so I didn't think you were going to like that I was pregnant," she answered barely above a whisper.

"Babe, I'm beyond excited," I answered. "I'm like ecstatic."

My wife smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "I love you, baby," I whispered to her.

"I love you too, babe," she answered, kissing my cheek again.

* * *

When I was done at work, I went to go pick Liam up. When I got to Liam's school, he came running over to me. "Momma, guess what, today in school I meet a new boy and his name is Jamie and he's my new best friend," Liam answered.

"Cool," I replied, picking him up. "Momma, where's Sissy?" Liam asked once we were loaded in the car.

"Sissy's at home," I answered. "With Daddy."

"Oh," Liam answered, looking out his window. When we got home, I carried Liam inside. As soon as he saw Jason, he ran over to him. "Daddy!" he screamed, jumping into his arms.

"Hi, baby," Jason replied, kissing his cheek. I walked up to Jason and whispered in his ear, "We should tell Zelda and Liam."

He nodded his head and then called Zelda downstairs. Zelda came bouncing downstairs. "What, Daddy?"

"Babies," he replied to Zelda and Liam, "Momma and I have something we need to tell you."

"What?" they asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Alright," I replied, "y'all are gonna be a big sister and a big brother."

"Huh?" they asked, glancing at each other and then back at us.

"Momma's having another baby," Jason answered, rubbing my belly. They gasped and then Zelda jumped up and stormed off upstairs. Liam turned to us. "Momma's having another baby!" He cheered happily. "Yay!"