[16] Tears Don't Fall

Start from the beginning

* * *

///NINE MONTHS LATER; STILL IN FLASHBACK MODE\\\

I held my 4 pound 7 ounce baby girl. She was three weeks early, but doctors say she's fully developed and healthy. I looked down at my little princess and kissed her forehead. "I love you so much, baby. Momma's never going to let anything bad happen to you," I promised to her. That's when my nurse came in the room. "Miss Maci, have you thought of a name for your daughter yet?"

"Yes, ma'am," I answered. "I want to name her Zelda Scott Ryan."

"That's a beautiful name," my nurse replied, filling Zelda's birth certificate out.

My Zelda Scott. My baby girl.'

Monica snapped her fingers in front of my face. "Maci, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just had a flashback moment."

"Oh."

Monica and I walked back into our office and I sat down at my desk and began working.

[Jason's POV:]

When I woke up the next morning, my wife was still asleep beside me. I quietly got out of bed and crept into Zelda's room. "Zelda, it's time to wake up. I have to take you to B.S.P."

"Okay, Daddy," she answered, getting out of bed and lazily going over to her closet. I went into Liam's room and woke her up. "Liam, it's time to wake up. I need to take you to B.S.P."

"Okay, Daddy," he answered, lazily getting out of bed and lazily going over to her closet. I went back into my room and into my bathroom to shower. After my shower, I got out and began getting ready for work. Once we were ready, we left the house. Once they were dropped off at their schools', I went to work. While I was doing something at my desk, Aaron came into my office. "Hey, Jason," he replied, smiling at me.

"Hello, sir," I answered, smiling back at him. (You see, Aaron Unkefer is my boss. So I have to be very polite to him and whatnot, cuz if I'm not, then he'll likely fire me)

"Jason, do you think you could help a new worker today?" He asked.

"Yes, sir," I answered. He smiled at me. "Joel Hampton! I found someone who can help you," Aaron called out.

Within a few seconds, Joel Hampton came into my office. "Yes, boss?"

"Joel, Jason Bell will gladly help you with your work today. So just follow his directions. And today should be great."

"Thank you, sir," Joel answered. Aaron smiled at him and then left my office. Joel sat down in the chair in front of my desk. "So, what can I do?" Joel asked.

"Well, first of all, I need you to fill some papers out," I answered, passing a few pieces of paper to him.

"Okay."

He grabbed a pen and started filling the papers out. While he did that, I checked my phone. I noticed I had a text from Maci. Maci: 'Jason, when you get a chance, please call or text me. There's something really important I need to tell you :) Love you xoxo'

'I wonder what I need to call or text her for?' I thought scratching the back of my head.

[Maci's POV:]

At lunch time, Monica and I left the office and drove to McDonald's to grab a bite to eat. As we sat down, my phone started playing Party Rock Anthem by: LMFAO.

"Yeah, I'm running throught these arms like bald or trango, I got this devilish flow rock n roll no trango we party rock yeah that's the crew that I'm left'n I'mma rise to the top no Leonard or Zeplinn. Hey party rockers in—"