V: You're closer to thirty now than anything.

Jumin Han: I don't need a woman, but I'll have you know I did meet a woman a few weeks ago.

ZEN: WHAT

ZEN: ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Jumin Han: No. I met her in a taxi cab and she said I was interesting.

V: Really? Did you get her phone number?

Jumin Han: No.

ZEN: When she said interesting she was probably just trying to be polite about how weird you are. I bet you just talked about that fur ball the whole ride.

Jumin Han: I didn't mention Elizabeth 3rd once. I told her her hands were cold and then she payed for the cab ride and said she wanted to meet again.

ZEN: That's it. I'm officially giving up.

V: I'm sorry, I have to leave now. Jumin, if you genuinely are interesting in this girl do yourself a favor and go on a proper date with her. I'll talk to you all again. Goodbye.

V has left the chatroom.

ZEN: I can't believe a girl actually wanted to see you again. I can't believe you found a girl before me.

Jumin Han: I'm honestly as surprised as you. I have to leave now too. My father and his flavor of the week are waiting for me.

Jumin Han has left the chatroom.

I put my phone down and sighed, wondering exactly how I was supposed to find (y/n) again. My interest in her wasn't romantic; if anything it was curiosity. I found myself many times since we met thinking about her, mostly just about why she had been so oddly kind to me despite my cold demeanor. I shook her out of my head though, pulling myself out of bed and into day clothes. I tried to brush out my hair in front of the bathroom vanity but it curled out despite my every effort. I settled on brushing my teeth and spraying my father's most expensive cologne before I headed downstairs.

"Good morning, Jumin," My father's girlfriend who's name I didn't bother to remember greeted me, sitting on the couch in front of the fireplace. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes," I answered quietly, finding my way to a coffee pot, pouring myself a cup.

"There's cream in the fridge and sugar in the second cabinet to the left," she called.

"No thank you," I said. "I drink it black." I took a seat on the opposite end of the couch from her, curling my legs underneath me.

"Just like your father." She smiled, taking a sip of her drink. By the way her hair was lazily tied back and how she was dressed in much less extravagant clothing, I figured she had recently woken up as well.

"Where is he?"

"Oh, he just went to get the mail. He should be back any moment now."

With that the front door opened, my father smiling when he made eye contact with his girlfriend. He gave me a nod as he crossed the kitchen and grabbed a mug sitting on the counter before joining us on the couch.

"Good morning, son," he said as he wrapped his arm around the woman. She rested her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes for a moment. "It's so nice to come into my home and see you. It's been so long since we haven't had to talk about the company."

"Yes," I answered, although I planned on taking my leave within the next few hours. "It's nice to relax after working so much the last few weeks."

He smiled at me for a moment, stroking his girlfriend's hair gently, an almost unconscious gesture.