Dances and Jealous Girlfriends

Start from the beginning

"What are we hiding for?" Sakura asked in a whisper.

"I don't wanna see Usui right now... It's going to be awkward because he might ask me about the dance and stuff..." Misaki explained. "Why are you hiding?" she wondered. Sakura gave Misaki a look.

"Like I'm going to leave you behind," she reasoned. "Plus, I almost never go out alone. I'm always with you or Shizuko. Usui would ask me where you were," she further explained. Misaki nodded. That made sense. Once the boys took their seats, Misaki and Sakura stared at them from behind their menus. Suddenly, something happened that Misaki and Sakura wished they'd never witnessed.

"Hey..." the blonde waitress greeted Usui and Kuuga, leaning on their table to show extra cleavage. "What would you like to order?" she practically purred to Kuuga.

Sakura's eyes hardened as she glared the waitress down. Never in her life had she hated someone as much as this waitress.

"Uh, I'll get the chicken salad with a caramel frappuccino please," Kuuga ordered. "Grilled chicken," he quickly added. Misaki found it weird how Kuuga and Sakura both ordered the exact same thing. Maybe they came here together a lot? The waitress gave a flirtatious giggle, before turning to Usui.

"And what would you like?" she asked him. Ironically, he ordered the same thing as Misaki, just as Kuuga had with Sakura. The waitress took Kuuga's menu, then Usui's... however, her hand lingered a few seconds longer on Usui's than Misaki would like. She was now glaring at the waitress along with Sakura. The two girls shared a glance, before standing up, and making their way toward their boyfriends.

"Hey, sweetheart," Misaki called to Usui, venom dripping from her words, making sure that the waitress caught her glare. Sakura walked over to Kuuga and wrapped her arms around him possessively. The waitress seemed to sense the two girls' anger, and walked off. Once the waitress disappeared, Sakura unwrapped her arms from Kuuga, and sat down facing away from him. Misaki did the same.

"Hey, Sakura!" Kuuga greeted. A different waitress walked to their table and gave them their food. The waitress could feel the tense atmosphere, and walked away as soon as she could. "Want some?" Kuuga offered, holding a piece of grilled chicken at the end of his fork for Sakura to eat. She and Misaki shared a glance. Sakura continued to ignore Kuuga.

"That was a cute nickname you called me earlier," Usui commented. "Say it again?" he teased. Misaki just rolled her eyes, as she nibbled on a fry. She saw Usui and Kuuga exchange a confused look out of the corner of her eye.

"What's wrong, honey?" Usui coaxed. Wrong question. Misaki stood up abruptly, causing a scene.

"Oh, gee, I don't know!" she snapped sarcastically. "Maybe the fact that you let another girl shamelessly flirt with you and you didn't do a single thing to stop it?!" she yelled, exasperated. She was about to grab her purse and stomp off, until she felt someone grab her wrist. "Let go," she demanded, attempting to tug her wrist out of his grasp.

"Misaki, look at me," he instructed. She sighed, and hesitantly turned around. He observed her for a while, before finally speaking.

"Misaki... are you jealous?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eye. Bingo. Misaki blushed and struggled in his grasp, desperately trying to get away.

"I'm not jealous!" Misaki defended. She looked over at Sakura for help, but it seemed she was busy talking it out with Kuuga. Misaki bit her lip.

"And over a waitress, at that?" he added, sighing. He pulled Misaki into a hug. She melted against him, gripping onto the back of his shirt. "Misaki... you know I'll always only love you," he reminded her gently. "Also, you know I'm not into blondes," he whispered into her ear, giving her earlobe a gentle nibble. She gasped.

"U-Usui... We're in public..." she warned, as he blew hot air into her ear, earning another gasp from his girlfriend. He forced himself to let her go. Then she realized, now was the perfect chance to ask him her long awaited question. "Usui?" she asked.

"Hmm?" he motioned her to keep talking.

"Uh, um, you know a-about the d-dan-dance next week...?" she mumbled. He looked thoughtful for a moment, before snapping his fingers.

"Yeah, I remember hearing about something like that from Kuuga," he replied. "What about it?" he questioned.

"Well... I-I was wondering if m-maybe..." she stuttered. "Iwaswonderingifyouwouldliketogotothedancewithme?" she asked very quickly. Usui smirked.

"Huh? Say that again, love, I couldn't quite hear you," he teased. She smacked his arm and he chuckled. He grabbed her hand, and traced her knuckles a few times, pretending to think about it. "Hmm... I wonder," he said, tapping his chin as if he were deep in thought. Misaki kicked him in the shin.

"Usui, be serious!" she exclaimed, though he could detect a hint of nervousness in her voice. He smiled.

"We're in college now, and you're still bashful as ever..." he grinned. "Of course I'll go with you, Misaki." he replied. He pretended not to notice the huge grin that instantly appeared on Misaki's face that she tried to hard to hide. She was a very beautiful girl, and she was even more beautiful when she smiled.

The two shared a sweet kiss, until she heard someone behind them yell, "Get a room!" she immediately snapped back to reality and blushed. She completely forgot they were in a café! Also, it seems that Sakura and Kuuga left a while ago, since their food was already paid for and cleaned. She was going to kill Sakura when she got back. She apologized to all the customers, Usui payed for their meal, and they left.

-o-

"That was so embarrassing..." Misaki muttered, burying her face into her hands. They arrived back at the college, and Usui walked Misaki back to her dorm.

"Sorry," he apologized. "But someone got a little caught up in the kiss," he said. She blushed.

"I did not! It was just your imagination," she retorted.

"Yes yes, everything was just my imagination," he replied sarcastically. She just rolled her eyes.

"Bye, Usui," she said, deciding it was time for him to leave. Just as he was about to leave, she stopped him. "Usui, wait," she called. He turned around.

"Yes?" he asked.

"I found a nice, peaceful place near the college yesterday. Wanna go there tomorrow?" she asked casually. He chuckled.

"I can't decide which one I like better, bold Misaki or jealous Misaki..." he teased. She blushed.

"Shut up..." she mumbled. He just laughed. Giving her one of his heart capturing grins, he leaned down and planted a small kiss on her forehead.

"It's a date," he promised with a wink.

Dances and Jealous GirlfriendsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara