The Search for what now?

Noctis pov

"Um, children, can you repeat what you said just now?" I asked as I titled my head a bit in confusion for what I heard from my two kids. Layth, the nine-year-old boy who looks like me but has my wife's hair color and eye color. and Cira, 8 year-old girl who looks identical to her mother but has my color hair and eyes. Both have the crystal power of warping and command swords. They were wearing safari outfits that Prompto gave them from last Christmas; thinking they might be an adventure in the world. Geez Prompto, did you have to get my children that? However, they were excited about their uncle's gift and wear it time to time. Their smiles still big of what they were going to do today.

"We going to look for the legendary chocobo!" Layth said in excitement "They say that this chocobo changes colors and really flies!"

What? A chocobo...flying??

"Chocobie! Color Chocobie!" Cira added as my eyes saw the excitement in their eyes, I sighed in defeat and said,

"Ok,..Have fun?"

"Yay!" The kids sprinted down the hallway to began their search and left me in a state of confusion. A chocobo that changes colors? Impossible..I started to walk in the massive hallways that were still grand since the day I left for my journey and it's restored to it's glory. Since I reclaimed my throne, there was a lot of work to rebuild the empire of Insomnia and reforming what was lost. My mind drifted back to my father, King Regis, the man I respected and love as a father. It was hard to coop with him not here. For the past ten years, I reclaimed the throne and have given my people hope. I couldn't gotten here without my friends and the people that helped me. Even, her; my beloved, now my queen of Insomnia. I entered into the gardens that looked radiant in the sunlight and the breeze giving a calming feeling. My feet lead me to a woman in a blue casual dress with a white apron tied to her, black flat shoes and her (c/h) hair is tied to a ponytail. Her hands were gracefully painting on the canvas with colors that matched the garden and I came behind her to place both my hands on her shoulders. Her shoulders rinsed at the sudden action and her turned to face mine. Her (c/e) eyes were the most beautiful thing that seemed to radiant beauty and grace. She smiled at me as she place her brush down and got up from her seat.

"Hello there, Noct. You're here early. I wasn't expecting you until the evening." (Y/n) said as she wrapped her arms around my neck, my arms repeated the action around her waist and replied,

"Well, my meetings ended early and our kids were telling me about something."

"Oh? Telling you what?"

"Can I have a kiss first, my queen?"

"Hehehe, you must love my kisses." (y/n) giggled a bit with her cheeks flaring into a pink color and I pulled her closer to me.

"I do, love." I whispered to her as our lips meet and our world seemed to be complete. Our lips were enjoying the warmth and the feelings that were in our moment. After the long kiss, we parted for air and (y/n) asked,

"So, what were Cira and Layth telling you earlier?"

"About a chocobo that changes colors and can fly into the air." I replied as we started walk inside and our hands intertwined.

"Wow, that's a big imagination and it would interesting to see." (y/n) said as I shook my head in amusement

"I think Layth gets the big imagination from you and Cira follows him, love."

"Awww, Noct; don't judge. Kids will be kids."

"You're right, (y/n) but I want to know who told him that. Probably Prompto."

"Maybe but let's ask and see." (y/n) said as we went to find Prompto and we talked our days so far. It became a habit to talk about day after we returned home and plus, (y/n) wants to make sure that I'm alright everyday. Today, she was teaching the kids to paint something on the canvas and apparently, it went well. If you can count Layth painting on the wall instead of the canvas and painting a chocobo with a rocket lanucher. Cira painted on the canvas thank Etro but painted my swords the last time she saw them with...pink as the grey color. After painting, Luna came visit them and the kids wanted to know if they could paint her dress. Good lord...Thankfully, Luna told them stories so they listen as well as (y/n). Then the kids went their rooms and (y/n) went with Luna to do some shopping. I wonder what they shop for every time Luna visits...Maybe something girly I'm not suppose to know. I told my day as we found Prompto and asked him about the color changing chocobo theory from Layth. Boy...I was wrong to ask him...He didn't know; I didn't believe that but he hasn't seen our children today. He was out shopping for a present for the kids and I questioned him on what he brought. Sadly, Prompto ran before I could question him and says that is an 'awesome' idea for chocobos after running away. Prompto, the present better not be something odd. I swear he is more a kid then our children. After that, we asked Gladiolus and Nyx. They didn't anything about that but seen our children around the training room recently, looking for something. They asked what they were looking for and Layth replied 'It's an adventurers job and they weren't qualifed' and quoted to them that he and his sister were busy. Man, Layth has a sharp tongue...just like his mother. Then I asked Ignis about the chocobo theory and he said...Impossible and not a possible theory. He is a man of facts; not of...superstition stuff. He did see the children running in the hallways as if they were chasing something. After awhile of searching for our children, we spotted them looking into a room that had the door open as if they were looking something.

"Layth, Cira, what are you two doing?" I asked as the kids snapped out of their minds, they looked at us and closed the door.

"Kids, why did you close the door?"

"We caught it! That's why but..." Layth said as he scratched his head

"But?" I said

"It's really not little." Layth said as (y/n) and I looked at each other confused

Not little??

"Kids, what's going on? You are starting to worry me." I said as Layth shook his head no as well as Cira and she said,

"Not little chocobie! No one go!"

I sighed as I have no clue what's going on but I placed my hand on the handle and Layth shouted,

"Don't! You'll scare him or scare him more!!"

"Son, I hate to tell you but there-"

"Sweetie, can we at least see if the chocobo is alright? The poor thing must be hungry." (y/n) interrupted as Layth thought for a moment and moved aside as well as Cira. Ok, how does she do that? As she opened the door, she stood there as well as I did. Right in front of us is a chocobo but not a little chocobo my son said. It's a massive chocobo that is changing colors?!??!?

Part 2 will come soon. I wanted to a least post something for the new year. Happy New Year my fellow readers and friends. I hope you enjoyed this short story.