┆3 ┆Broken Promise┆

Start from the beginning

"We got you a burger and a chocolate milk shake." Kuroko slid in the seat across from me and Kagami. I pulled my foot off the seat and smiled.

"I haven't had a burger or a shake in years! Thanks!" I unwrapped the burger and bit into it. "Mhmm!"

"Are you serious? You haven't had either one in years?" Kagami asked, surprised.

"Yeah, for about ten years." I continued to chew my delicious burger.

"That reminds me, Fujika-san, what do you do?" Kuroko inquired with a slight interest in his voice.

"Just call me Masami outside of practice. I get tired of people calling my surname every day." I rolled my eyes. "I dance and play the piano."

"That's why your hands reminded me of Midorima-kun." Kuroko sipped on his milk shake. "Can you pay the piano for us?"

"Tonight?"

Kuroko nodded his head.

"Fine, but Kagami has to hurry up and eat. It's already 8:20." I crinkled the wrapped and placed it in my empty cup. Kuroko and I watched in fascination as Kagami shoved his twentieth and last burger into his mouth. He stood up, carrying his tray and my trash to the garbage and dumping it with Kuroko following him. He came back and motioned for me to get on his back again.

╞════════𖠁𐂃𖠁════════╡

"Wow, your place is big." They both walked into the house with me.

"Otōsan, tadaima! I brought my friends!" I hobbled into the house, praying that my dad wouldn't see me. No such luck – he was sitting in the living room. He took one look at my ankle and became livid.

"Did I not say that you couldn't injure yourself?!" He thundered, ignoring Kuroko and Kagami who were standing behind me. "And now look at yourself! You broke our deal, so you have to quit the basketball team now!" My face paled.

"Now look here, you bastard," Kagami growled. Finally realizing that I brought friends over, my dad glared at me before stomping off into the kitchen. I forced a smile on my face befor turning around.

"Come on up! I'll play for you guys!" They both noticed the flight of stairs, making the red-head sigh. He picked me up princess-style and walked up the stairs with Kuroko in the lead.

I showed them the music room. Kagami set me down on my feet and I hopped over to the piano bench. I sat down and motioned for them to sit on the ground. I closed my eyes, slowly breathing in. My fingers flexed over the smooth piano keys. Instead of using my right foot for the pedals, I had to switch to my left. My fingers gently pressed the keys down, playing a soft melody, Kiss the Rain. My fingers slowly danced over the keys – my right hand over the octave keys, creating the soft patter of rain drops before moving back down to the middle. It was slow and beautiful. I poured my heart out onto the keys, a soft and serene expression on my face as the moon shone through the window. Hitting the last note, I let the sound echo through the room. It was silent as I played another song, this time singing to it - Ichiban no Takaramono.

"Suso ga nureta nara (If the tips of my clothes get wet)

Kawaku no mateba ii (Then I should wait for them to dry)

Mizuoto wo tatete haneta (Water bounced off with a sound)

Kimi ga oshiete kuretan da, mou kowakunai (You taught me so much, I'm not scared anymore)

Nigitte ite kureta kono te o hanasanakya dame da (I have to let go of your hands that are holding me)

Hitori de mo yuku yo, tatoe tsurakute mo (Even if I'm alone, I'll go on, even if it hurts)

Minna de mita yume wa kanarazu motteku yo (I'll never forget the dream I shared with all of you)

Minna to ga ii na, minna to ga yokatta (I'm glad to be with everyone, I'm glad to have been with everyone)"

I sang out with a pure and light voice that matched the piano. When I was finished, they both looked at me with awe.

"Wow, Masami-chan," Kuroko breathed out. It was the first time that I saw a happy and awestruck expression on Kuroko's emotionless face. Kagami was lying on the ground with his eyes closed, "That wasn't too bad." I laughed, surprising the both of them.

"You guys can come back anytime you want if you want to listen to me play." They both stood up and I watched them leave from the window. They turned around and waved. I smiled until they were out of sight. I left the window open as I began to play the piano well into midnight. And just for the heck of it, I began to play one of my favorite pop songs, "Maji Love 2000%"

"Omatase shimashita

Hoshi o yozora

Ai wa shooting star!"