Chapter Twenty-Five: Epilogue: At Last

I pressed my face into the back of Ajax's neck, trying my hardest to hide my smile as he carried me down the street."Know Sutton smiling." His voice was a low rumble that had me wrapping my arms around him tighter. "Want to walk?" I shook my head quickly. Just the thought of walking to the brothel was a terrible one that made my legs ache bad.

 "My legs hurt." So did everything else. I had finally managed to convince Octavia to let me go outside. It had only been three weeks since my little 'adventure' with Revan and my body had been overloaded with everything that it was trying to heal so I had been healing extra slow. I was getting better, loads better, but I still incredibly sore. Once I had proven that I was able to walk without too much effort, she said I could go to the brothel and gather a few things before I had to come right back to the tower. The queen had become almost like an over-bearing, over-protective big sister.

 "You need move them. They hurt less then." He huffed as he jostled me higher up on his back. I rolled my eyes, I had heard the same from Benjin. I needed to stretch them, I needed to work the muscles, I needed to get rid of all of the tension in order for them to start to actually feel better. I felt a rather wicked smile cross my face and I brought my mouth to Ajax's ear.

"How's about you carry me and I work the kinks out a different way?" After the marking and sinfully wicked bathroom sex and the subsequent bed sex, dresser sex, and wall sex. I had found myself craving the close intimacy that the act brought between Ajax and I. I had never felt more close to a person than I did to him in those moments. It was like our souls were coming together just as our bodies were.

 "What way better than walking?" He huffed it out and I trailed my nails down his naked chest, unable to help myself as I slowly spread my hands out, feeling his harshly defined muscles under my palms as they moved under his warm skin.

"I was thinking about... you know... wrapping them around your waist as you make me sweat in a different way." I scrapped my teeth against his neck teasingly and he nearly tripped as his hands tightened on my thighs. I wanted to laugh low at his response. I liked how a few well said words could rock the foundations of his world. I liked how I had the ability to make him temporarily lose speech. I simply loved having someone want me unconditionally like he did.

 "I like." His voice was that deep rasping tone that sent goosebumps over my body. It felt like a physical caress and I tightened my grip on him, my fingers digging into the muscles of his chest. That was the tone and words he used when he would lay me down on the bed, my entire body exposed to his view. His dark eyes would glow with reverence and he would rasp the two words out before he would capture my lips in a searing and hungry kiss.

"I like too." I liked the idea very much. I wanted to have Ajax with me at my home. I wiggled, my cheeks turning red at the slight embarrassment of my own arousal in a public space. I was simply happy that we weren't far from the brothel because I had inadvertently caused an ache within me that only Ajax could soothe. That was the only bad thing about teasing him in public, the ache I caused couldn't be fixed until we were in private, no matter how many seclude and shadowy corners Ajax pointed out with a wolfy grin.

 "Almost at dragon den. Unless...." His voice trailed off as hi head turned to look at nearby alleyway. I let my nails dig into his skin in warning.

"Don't even think about it, Tarzan!" I would take behind the potted plant he had pointed out last night at dinner over a dirty, gross, smelly alleyway.

 "No alleyway?" He sounded half teasing and half disappointed and I scratched my nails against his skin in warning.

"No!" Even my beast wasn't tempted by the offer, despite the fact she had been panting for any contact with him when he offered us a go under the table. I was happy she at least had standards for where she would lift her tail for our inexhaustible mate. "We are not going to have sex in a gross and disgusting alleyway!" I hissed the words into his ear and he made a noise in the back of his throat that sounded suspiciously like a half-choked off chuckle.