"Ah that's good. Before I go I must ask. Do you know how to fight?" I gave a nod. Extreme strength, speed, and flexibility. Good at fencing and throwing darts. By extension grand at knifes or daggers. "What is it do you believe you'd be best at?" Sebastian questioned curious of what she'd say. "I-I'd s-say my speed and flexibility adding o-on my ability with a knife or dagger would b-be m-my best and preferred way of fighting." Anastasia stuttered. He raised an eyebrow. He generally wanted to see this. "We will see how well you are capable of protecting the young master along with the manor within a week so you may regain your strength." He said before leaving the flustered and shy blonde to herself. The door shut with a loud click. 

    Sighing she sat back down onto her bed. Falling back onto the soft fabrics her hair spread around her as she stared at the ceiling. A memory wafted into her mind as she thought back on her abilities on fencing.

~Flashback~

"You are to represent this family's name you disgusting rat! If you do not get this right by noon it's the attic for you!" A woman dolled up in a lilac dress hissed. Her green eyes gleaming with hatred. Her long brown hair fell a little past her bare shoulders. A furry coat worn sloppily not showing her painted long nails or her slim waist. This woman was her 'mother'. "Yes, Miss Laura."

A child with long blonde hair tied in a high pony tail in a black dress that fell to her knees answered perfectly blank. This child was no more than five. She sported a bruised cheek for exploring the old gardens earlier that day. Really she done nothing wrong but they will find anything to blame so they may try to break her adventurous and curious spirit and keep her away from the only one that cares her grandpapa. The woman clicked her tongue before leaving the room, shutting the white door with a slam.

The moment Miss Laura left her the blank face melted revealing a mischievous smile with a strong twinkle in her eyes. "Leaving me with weapons now Miss Laura? Tsk tsk tsk. You should learn by now nothing will break me! Bwahahahahahha!!" The child yelled out laughing as she put her little hands on top of her little waist. "Now to learn this stupid sport!" The little one chirped. "Then maybe if I finish quick enough I can visit Grandpapa and Mr. Crow!~" The girl giggled in glee. "To work then ne?! Hehehe!~" Quickly she ran to the guide book that explained the rules and standard positions. It was a LONG book but with her fiery heart set on completing this as to visit her dear grandpapa she will finish it and have it memorized within an hour! And she did. Quickly catching herself from sleeping and making little quizzes and songs to remember all of it. 'Now time for the physical demanding part!' She thought to herself happily getting up from the polished marble floors.

Throwing her shoes off eagerly she walked (read ran skip) to the fencing swords. And for an hour and a half she perfected her movements and strikes. Once that set time limit was used up she put everything back, thrown open the large window, and jumped right out of that room. "Forget the door the window is much more fun!~" she'd always say. Her ribbon holding her golden locks up loosened and flew away with the wind as she ran to get to the other side of the manor.

After running for around two minutes she found the window she needed to enter her grand-papa's office. Where he was all day. Climbing up the tree then jumping in the windows direction she gripped the planter box hoisting herself on top of it before knocking on the clear glass. An elderly man didn't even startle at the sudden noise. He was far too used to the mischievous shenanigans his little kitten. He got up from his comfortable chair to open the window. In an instant the small child hopped into the room. "Little kitten for what have you visited for?" He asked his voice scratchy and old.

His eyes were dull but amused. He did always enjoy her little sneak-a-ways just to visit him. "I finished learning how to fence so I thought I could come visit you then Mr. Crow grandpapa..." The elder smiled at her. Resting his large wrinkled hand on top of her head he spoke dark blue eyes twinkling. "Ah yes Mr. Crow. You know no one can hear the true name you gave that little fella?'' He asked. "I know but you have always said the walls had ears!~" She giggled as he lifted her into his lap. "Yes my little kitten. I know. Just be sure to never speak his name in front of the others I don't believe they will take kindly to that name." He said sadly.

Religious hooligans. Believing in a being that never gave this family any grace. They should know this family has been cursed to damnation. And look for what are they trying to break a child's own soul? The purest most mischievous and brilliant soul he has ever met. And they try to break her just because she isn't completely blue-blooded? His dear little great great granddaughter his little kitten. The blond five year old smiled up at the old man, such an innocent smile no other would be capable of.

"Grandpapa could you tell me another story of your grandfather?" She asked her eyes shining with hope. He never wants those eyes, this purity lost. "Yes, my little kitten but first promise me something." "What is it grandpapa?" She asked curious and eager to do anything for her precious grandpapa. "Never lose that light, this light that radiates your being. Can you do that for this old man my little Anastasia?" He said petting her silky hair in sadness. "Yes, of course grandpapa!~" She yelled out happily to do anything for her dying grandfather.

~End of Flashback~

   Tears streamed her azure eyes. She failed him. She couldn't keep that promise made so long ago. For they broke her. Shattered her heart. Stomped all over her once curious mischievous spirit. And murdered her only joys. Only hopes and happiness in that-this cruel world. "I'm so sorry grandpapa...I failed you...I failed to uphold my promise..." And as the tears streamed softly down her pale face she dived to the welcomed and loved embrace of darkness.

~Kisacatdemon~

Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter!~ I'll try to get to the actual story line soon!~
It's almost 2000 words 😀
Yosh!!!