II

|CHAPTER TWO ; "NOTHING I SAY THAT WON'T TURN YOU ON" |

Nina was dead. Those words ran through Caroline like a broken record. Her friend was dead. Well she wasnt really that close to Nina but , she still felt sympathy for the bitch.

''Once you 've seen the grief counselor , you are free to return home. Classes will resume tommorow." The lady on the the speaker said throughout the school. "This wifi sucks . The cops aren't saying much .'' Jake states causing Caroline to slap him up side the head. "Her mom found her body. They suggested victim of foul play. I need gory details. " Jake adds , causing Caroline to roll her eyes.

"Um, hello? Miss why am I here?" Noah Foster questions the advisor. Which causes Caroline's head to perk up at the sound of the geek boys voice. "That's the mandatory part of mandatory grief counseling." Caroline sates with a smirk on her face. " You're supposed to be here to talk about what happened. "

"No, but seriously. I feel sock , mild interest , but no grief. " Noah responded with wide eyes , surprised that "the caroline maddox" was actually talking to him.

"Guys Nina was murdered in cold blood. " Riley sates, " show some simpathy. "

"It just doesn't seem real." Emma says quietly.

"Here we go." Jake says as he looks up from his phone at the group. " One of Nina's neighbors tweeted that her throat was sliced ear to ear. The press is all over it. They're playing the hole ' maybe Brandon James is back angle. "

''Brandon James is dead ," Emma says getting up and leaving the group.

Caroline turns to Jake and gives him a glare. "Way to go asshat. " Caroline says getting up. Leaving the group to go comfort Emma.
"Care I'm sorry . Come back!" Jake yells after Caroline but, she is already to far away she couldn't hear him.

◇◇◇

'' At this point , we are questioning persons of intrest , and we're looking for Miss Patterson's ex boyfriend , Tyler O'neil .'' Sherri Hudson says on the computer as the group of friends sat on the grass wacthing the report on Nina . Riley closes the laptop , glacing round at the group of tight knit friends . "So Tyler did it , for reals?" " Em's mom worked the scene, " Will states . " Tell them what you heard .''

'' A neighbor saw Tyler's car parked out front around the time Nina was killed." Emma says glancing up from the ground. " there was no sign of forced entry, and his fingerprints were found on a glass in the kitchen. Now his foster parents can't find him. Nobody can .'' " When he dated Nina they were always at each other's throats ,but how could he do that?'' Riley says with teary eyes .

" Easy.'' Caroline speaks up, '' He finally realized Nina was such a bitch that he decied to call it it of and Nina didn't like that .'' "Come on Care you know thats not true.'' Riley says rolling her eyes and Caroline .

" Do you think one keg is going to be enough?'' Brooke ask . " No way , get two . I plan on getting wasted and hooking up with someone .'' Carloine says to her sister . " Do you really think a party's is a good idea?'' Emma questions Brooke and Caroline . The sisters look at eachother and scoff. ''It's a pray vigl . People in mourning get thristy.'' " Em ,your mom is tight with the sheriff right?'' Jake asks her . ''Do you know if they went through Ninas laptop?''

"My mom just handles the autopsy ." Emma said . "I can't believe Nina is just a body now." Riley let out with a sigh.

"She was kinda all ways just a body, but top shelf all the way ." Jake adds. "You disgusted me ." Caroline told him , while giving him a little smirk. "Hey man , have some respect ." Will also adds . "I have extreme respect. " Jake continues . "And so did most of the basketball team , and some of the football team, and a couple of the lacrosse guys." Jake finishes . Causing Caroline to slap his arm and him to pull her onto his lap. "And I'm sure the sheriff is going to question every single one of them . Where were you Monday night Jake? " Brooke questions.

"I was with Will and Caroline. " Jake says squeezing Caroline's thigh, causing Caroline to bite her lip . "You told me you phone died and you were stranded ." Emma said questionable. " Oh dang. " Jake and Caroline say in unison. Will gave them a glare and that shut them up. "I was, they picked me up." Will tries to explain.

"So I'll see you at the party tonight?" Jake whispered in Caroline ear .

"Of course. It is a Maddox party after all ." Caroline sates. Sending him a wink.

◇◇◇

i. not edited