Anastasia Lucendent Adela

Start from the beginning

Just then, a Waterwalker decided to flip the throne that belonged to the King. That belonged to my dead father.

Without a second thought I leapt on top of Arthur, hoping my body could possibly shield him.

I realized too late that the throne was going to crush us both.

I braced myself for the worst, ready for death to pull me into its grasps, but it never did.

I opened my eyes to see that someone had taken the blow and managed to direct the throne away from me and Arthur.

It was Magiano.

The throne was laying on top of his crushed body, his head had hit the tile and I screamed at the sight of the growing pool of blood creating a halo around him.

"Magiano!" I yelled, reaching out my hand to him without moving my body from its close position next to Arthur.

Magiano weakly reached out to me, his fingertips brushing against my hand, but falling away before he could hold my hand in his.

"I will always love you. . . I hope you can forgive me. . . for everything." He whispered, I could see the light fading from his eyes.

"No, no, no!" I yelled at him. "Don't leave me! I forgive you!" I said quickly. "Please, don't leave me!" I begged, my voice becoming slurred through my tears and my hand reaching out to him, trying to touch him, but he was too far.

Magiano smiles weakly, his eyes becoming distant as if he wasn't completely here anymore. "Be happy, love. . . be happy." His voice was a whisper, and then it was gone.

I sobbed, Maginao saved my life in exchange for his own.

I held Arthur as tightly as I could. I could feel his ragged breaths against me.

I needed him to live. He has to live.

Suddenly, the same soldier boy who released me from the Waterwalker's grasps runs towards me.

"You have to follow me to the safe room, Your Highness!" He yells over the raging battle.

I nod through my heavy sobs as he helps me grab Arthur and began to pull him towards the exit of the Great Room.

Where were my brothers? Are they safe?

I scanned the crowd for any sign of them but didn't see any hint of my brothers in the mob of soldiers and Waterwalkers.

The soldier pounds the walls in a panic until a secret door slides open and without another word he pushes me and Arthur inside.

Arthur seemed to have regained slight consciousness. He mumbled something unrecognizable and tried to stand, but I still held most of his weight.

"Be safe!" I yelled to the soldier as the door slid shut.

  It was pitch black in the safe room and I ran my fingers across the wall until I hit a light switch.

I tried to help Arthur further into the room but he gasped when I tried to pull him.

"A-Ana. . ." his words were slightly slurred and I hushed him quickly.