Dont forget the kid

Full credit to writer

The thumping and pounding of the loud music flowed through your veins. At first you were reluctant to come to the club with your girlfriends but being a single mother had really worn you down. Eventually they broke you down and convinced you to hire a babysitter and come out for the night. You danced, you drank, you partied as if it was your last day on earth.
"I'm going to get a drink," you yelled over the music. Your friends nodded in approval as you walked over to the bar. You could feel the sweat drip down your neck and you loved it. You were having more fun tonight than in the 5 years since you had your son. Leaning against the bar, you took in and admired your surroundings.
"Pretty great, hey? Did it all myself," you hear a voice beside you. You nodded then turned your head to face the mystery voice. Your eyes widened in a mix of shock, horror, and fear. The one, the only, the infamous Joker stood right beside you staring you down with an intense look. "Pretty girl in a pretty club. What are you doing here doll?" he inquired.
"I uhm I well my friends wanted to take me out. My son is at home with the babysitter at home so I should probably go home soon. Don't wanna leave the poor girl waiting," you rambled. You looked down at your watched pretending to be shocked by what time it was. "It was nice talking to you, I've got to go," you stammered as you started to walk away. A cold hand quickly grabbed your wrist. His grip around you thin wrist sent shivers throughout your whole body.
"Mmm I like you, you're not going anywhere." He spoke with a threatening tone laced with a delicious growl. As dangerous as this man was, and as much as he terrified you to the bone, he was unconventionally attractive and it killed you. You disgusted yourself, how could I be attracted to such a psychotic, murderous criminal, you thought to yourself. He yanked you closer to him and you fell into his muscular chest. "You're coming with me doll." His wide, silver grin scared you but nothing more scared you than being away from your son. Alexander was only 5 there was nowhere for him to go if you were gone. Your parents had moved to Europe somewhere, he had no aunts or uncles that could take him in, if you were gone he was completely alone. The thought scared you to the bone.
"My son. I'll do anything you want just don't hurt my son. I need him, he's my life," you pleaded. You shut your eyes, astounded at yourself for conforming to his wishes. He pulled you to the back of the club, the VIP section you assumed, and called over one of his henchmen.
"Frost we're going on a little roadtrip, get the car ready, we'll be out in 5," he said to the quiet man in a dark suit. The man curtly nodded and walked away. "Here's the deal sweetheart, you come with me, do whatever I say whenever I want for however long I want and you can keep your son. You're coming to live with me now doll and I guess if it makes you listen to me then you can have your little brat with you. But keep this in mind sweetheart," he grabbed your chin, forcing you to look up into his icy blue eyes,"you step out of line even once and the kid is gone, got it?" You nodded and looked down, accepting your fate. The screech of a purple lamborghini caused your head to whip up. Realizing he was opening the door you stepped forward, acknowledging the fact that this was it, you were picking up your son, some things for him and yourself, and heading off to a brand new life. Your heart sank as you realized how this would affect your son. He wouldn't have a normal childhood, he wouldn't play with toys and action figures, instead he would play with dangerous weapons as toys. You realized that this was the worst possible thing you could've done as a mother and you just prayed that your son would forgive you one day.
"Get in the car," the massive goon said behind you as he shoved you lightly into the small confines of this car. "Sir we'll be on all sides, in front, behind, and on the sides, we got you covered boss," the man said to the Joker. He nodded and slammed the door as he started revving the engine. You felt the car push forward before you started zooming through downtown Gotham. After what seemed like forever the car came to a quick jolt in front of your home.
"Go get the kid you have 5 minutes or else baby doll," he said menacingly with a smirk on his pale face. Your eyes widened as you hurried to get out of the car and through the front door. You had no doubt the Joker wouldn't hesitate to hurt you because of your mistake so you ran to his room and threw some clothes into a bag, his favorite toys, his blankets, everything a young boy needs.
"Mommy? What's happening?" A sleepy Alexander said behind you. You whipped around to see your precious child slightly waking up.
"Honey don't worry alright? You and me are gonna go on a trip! You and mommy my sweet boy,"
"Alright mommy, love you," his quiet words ripped your heart in two. You grabbed his hand and the bag and you rushed for the door. Just as you swung the door open you saw an angry Joker standing directly in front of you.
"3...2...1..." He looked at his fake watch and lifted his head up with a grin. He pulled out his gun and put it against your temple. You were shaking, terrified of what he would do. "You made it by three seconds doll. And next time I won't be this forgiving," he dropped his voice lower as his threat rang through your ears. "Let's go, you're already pissing me off. You just wait doll, Daddy and you are gonna some fun. Think I should punish you for being bad sweets?" he mumbled into your ear. You nodded in agreement, afraid of what he might do if you didn't. "Answer me!" he yelled, startling you.
"Y-yes I deserve t-to be punished," you mumbled, afraid to make eye contact. He growled in satisfaction, reveling in the fear that he caused. You pulled you and your confused son into the back of his fancy sports car and pulled his small frame into your side. You planted a brief kiss to the top of his innocent head and mumbled that everything would be okay.
After what felt like an eternity the car pulled up outside of a fairly large house, not really what you had expected from the Clown Prince himself. You were tanked out of the car, pulling your son along with you.
"Let's go. I'll show you where the kid will sleep and the real fun's gonna start," he said in a low almost taunting voice as he dropped his left eye into a sly wink. You walked behind him into the lavish space before you. You briefly stopped to admire the beauty of the house, very well decorated, clean, modern, all in all very nice. "Hurry up, I'm getting antsy doll." As you entered a small room with a bed and not much else he motioned from the kid to the bed. "He sleeps here. Say bye and come with me." He stepped outside the room giving you and your son some privacy.
"Baby I'm so sorry, I hope you understand one day why this is happening. I love you to the moon and back Alex. Never forget that. I love you so so much alright?" The tired boy nodded and laid down on the bed. You pulled the blanket over him and passed him his little stuffed teddy bear that you managed to grab from the house. You stepped out of the room to see the Joker glaring at you. He stepped in front of you in one long stride and grabbed your wrist.
"Let's go sweets, time to help daddy out," he said with a sick smirk on his bright red lips.
—————————————-
You had been here for just about a month now. Things had gotten better with the Joker, he had started to acknowledge your son's presence and he even spoke to him sometimes. It turns out he was almost good with kids. He was gentle and made sure to never put him in harm's way. It was endearing in a sort of way. You and him had even grown closer as he had started to maybe even care for you. He gave you everything you could ever dream of and had provided Alexander with whatever his little heart desired.
"Alex let's go, your mom and I are going to the park and you're coming too," Joker told him with his silver toothed grin planted on his face. Alexander nodded as J ruffled his sandy blonde hair. It warmed your heart to see him soften his tough guy demeanor for your son. When this whole fiasco happened you were terrified of what this meant for you and your son but as of now you weren't regretting complying to his wished to go with him. He had given you a better life than you had ever had and he made sure to keep his work away from Alexander so he wouldn't be faced with that at such a young age. "Mmm Y/N you're looking beautiful as always." His smile widened as he saw you blush at his casual compliment. This was your life now. Luxury and a man who although may not seem it, really does care for you. He stood next to you and leaned over close enough to whisper in your ear. "Y'know doll, I would go to the ends of this very earth for you and that little monster over there." You couldn't believe what you had just heard. Everything that he had done to you at the beginning, everything that he had done to terrify you, everything he said, everything was fixed now. It all vanished with those simple words.