Chapter 12

"Good to see you as a human". I smiled up at Jacob as I walked up to his house. He rolled his eyes.
  "Haha very funny". I laughed with him.
   "Hey I'm sorry about how I've been acting. It's just that I loved Bella for so long and then you and now..." he sighed as I put a hand on his shoulder.
  "If he makes you that happy then I should just accept that, it's hard but-" I smiled as I pulled him into a hug. "Thank you Jacob". I said.
   "Your welcome". He replied. "Also I'm so sorry about what happened to you! You shouldn't have gone through that Avery. You didn't deserve that!" He stated firm.
   "I know I didn't, but I'm kinda happy about it in away".
   "You lost me..." Jacob stated confused.
"If it wasn't for this horrible situation that I was in I would have never come to Forks and I never would have meant Jasper". I beamed with happiness.
   "Yeah...sometimes things just happen for a reason". Jake added. I nodded in agreement. He did have a point there.
   "Anyway why were you crying before?"
I sighed. I had to tell him. "The guy who I told you that abused me well.....he showed up at my moms door". I blurted out. Jacob tensed up and I could clearly see it.
   "He what?!" He growled so loud that I felt as if I should have covered my ears. "If he tries anything I swear I'll-" I put my hand on his.
  "Jacob can you keep this between you and me?"
   "Look as much as I can't stand that leec- him". He corrected. "I think he has a right to know. He is your....fiancé after all". Jacob argued. I shook my head.
   "No". I protested. Jacob raised an eyebrow at me. "Your joking right?"
  "No I'm not. Jasper has a lot to think about right now and I don't want to bother him with another thing that for all we know could be nothing". I shouted. Jacob put his hands on my shoulders.
   "Fine. If you won't tell him then at least tell Bella about it. She's your sister and she cares about you Avery". I nodded in agreement. "Alright".
  "In the meantime I'm taking a trip down to Florida". Jacob said out of nowhere.
  "You can't be series Jacob". I said back o him. "Oh I'm dead series. Your mom could be in danger because of him".
  "Okay, but if you see anything let me know right away or I'm coming down there". Jacob nodded then grinned.
  "As much as Id love it if you could join me, but you have a wedding to get ready for". I groaned at his comment.
  "Don't remind me". I joked. He rolled his eyes. "Cmon your getting married you should be happy". Jacob stated.
  "I am...it's just Alice treats me like a Barbie doll and you know how I feel about that". Jacob laughed at my comment. Then nudged me.
   "Yeah Bella complained about that to me too". He said. I nodded my head and reached for my bag.
  "I should go. Good luck in Florida Jacob". I said pulling him into a hug. He hugged me back. "See ya Red riding hood". I rolled my eyes.
   "Red riding hood? Really?" I started walking back towards my car. "You know me. I love my nicknames".

Avery gets along quite well with the pack. More of them together coming soon...