“Oh. Her. I wouldn’t even try. It won’t last. You go through women like I go through cases.”

            “Well why don’t go work on your case some more then? It doesn’t look like you have put together much research.” John pointed out annoyed, at the empty wall where Sherlock normally puts up papers from their cases.

            Sherlock slouched even lower in his chair and disregarded the point John just made. He picked up his phone and held it in front of his face to block his flat mate from view. The irritation between the two could be felt throughout the entire flat. All could be heard was the boiling of the water in the kettle and the click-clack of the keys on Sherlock’s phone.

                       < Bored. Any new cases? SH

                       > No.

                       < You’re no help. When doesn’t the Yard need me? SH

                       > It’s been slow here. No interesting murders to solve. I thought John said you were supposed to have a client today??

                       < Good. I have a case that’s actually worth my time, and I need resources accessible only through the Yard. SH Sherlock paused before sending another text before waiting for the Detective Inspectors’ reply. I’ll be there shortly. SH

            “John! Forget the tea. We have a case!” He said jumping up and running to his room, and shutting the door behind him.

            “I thought you were going to solve it? By yourself?” John asked standing outside SHerlocks’ room.

            “Yes- but the Yarders like you more.” Came his muffled reply.

            “Do they?” He asked surprised.

            “More than me.” Sherlock said opening the door. He glanced at his phone reading the first part of Lestrades’ message. > NO. Wait! Sher- was all he read before he put his phone in his jacket pocket. Though he knew if he didn’t respond he’d just start texting John. That didn’t matter now.

            John tugged on his jacket and followed the now normally dressed Sherlock out of the small hallway back into their small living area. Only to be stopped short on their descent to New Scotland Yard , by the unannounced visitor looking out their window.      

"Hm. Sorry boys I hope you don't mind. I let myself in." Mycroft half-apologized, looking away from the window.

"I do."

"See Sherlock. I told you I saw Athena." John pointed out.

"And so you did." Mycroft smiled displeased.

"Spying on us again?" Sherlock asked.

"I wouldn't call it 'spying'-"

"You couldn't make it any less obvious."

"What would you like me to do then? Hmm? Put party hats on all of the security cameras then?"

"Then no one would notice."

"Starting a new case then?" Mycroft walked over, changing the subject.

"None of your business Mycroft. Now if you please we have a case to solve. You know the sort; very important. We won't be needing your services." Sherlock announced as he gestured to the door.