In Which This Story Comes to an End

Почніть із самого початку

-----

The next day, Ron was sitting by himself at the Poseidon table. Everyone had cheered for him as he walked by, but they knew nothing of the suffering that he had endured while on his soul-searching journey. None of them knew about the truth about his mother, her tragic life, and her upsetting death. Joanna Puckerman didn't warrant an interesting story, let alone being the mother of Ron Puckerman.

Percy and Tyson came to him, with Percy saying, "Why are you so upset?"

"Look at my life," said Ron. "I've been deceived and lied to. I feel so miserable."

"It's not your fault," said Percy. "None of us knew what your other family was like."

"Jacquelyn did, and she ignored it," said Ron. "She too was blinded by love for my brother Fred. I guess love is only for mortals, as immortal creatures can never experience love." He shook his head again, saying, "And when I thought that Tyson was dead and cried for him instead for my other family, that was a warning sign that I never loved them and they never loved me. I feel so sick, I don't know what to do with myself."

"Maybe some nectar will cheer you up," said Tyson. "And remember this: once a demigod, always a demigod. We are your family now, Ron."

"I hope so," said Ron as he glanced around the camp. Everyone was still talking about how he managed to best Luke and survive various disasters that would kill even the strongest demigod. Jacquelyn had lied about Luke's alliance with the Hermaphrodite and played up her own foolishness in trusting the strange creature and betraying the boy that she loved, which resulted in his death. She's doing it again, Ron thought to himself as he stared at the girl in question, who was sitting next to Hermione and Magnus. She's lying and covering up other people's misdeeds. I really need to stop her before she covers up for a very evil person.

Very soon, Percy and Grover dragged him towards a huge pine tree. Annabeth was standing there, along with Clarisse. A huge group of demigods were also there. "What's going on here," said Ron to Grover.

"I don't know," said Grover.

Suddenly, the tree opened and three people stepped out. The first girl was dressed in black and had long black hair. The two boys had long brown hair, and one of them was wearing wire-framed glasses. Both were wearing dark clothing.

"Oh my gods!" Magnus cried out. "Is that who I think it is"

"It is!" Jacquelyn cried out. "It's Sam  and Alex! How on earth did they end up over here?"

"I thought they were dead!" Magnus cried out. "How is it that they are still...here?"

"They were with me," said the first girl. They all stared at her.

"And who are you?" Ron said as he stared at the girl.

"My name is Thalia Grace, and I'm the daughter of Zeus," said Thalia.

Everyone gasped in horror and Ron stared at Percy. He stared at Annabeth and Grover. Grover said, "I don't know what happened, but whatever we did, we did the job too well. Now we've got even more problems, and guess who's going to exploit them?"

"Luke," everyone said in a bored tone.

"Exactly," said Grover.

-----

Jacquelyn said, "I can't believe they came back."

"I can't believe they were in a tree," said Magnus.

"This is so much fun," said Hansel.

"I know, we're going to tell grandma lots of stuff when we get home," said Francis.