Mom

I wake up, wrapped in a gentle hug. He's so tender with me, like if he's too rough then he'll break me. I love how sweet he is.

I sweep his long hair out of his face and lay a small kiss on his cheek. He opens his eyes slightly and immediately smiles his infectious smile. I sighed contently and his happy face.

"Are you okay?" he asked, forcing me out of my daze.

"Oh, yeah I am. Just happy." I close my eyes and imagine what our first kiss will be like.

"That's good." he laughs out.

I slowly move my hand from his back to his chest and snuggle into him.

"Comfy?" he laughd again.

"Yes." I smile into him.

He places a kiss on my head, still not my lips. But that's okay. I can wait.

"Are you sure that you're fine? You sighed again..." he stresses.

"Bren, I'm fine I'm just happy." well, that's mostly true. I'm not telling him about the kiss thing, that can wait.

He sighs this time and says "Ah, fine."

I start to snuggle into him but I get a call from... My mom?!

"Go take it." he smiles knowingly.

Strange.

"Hey mom..." I answer the phone.

"Hello, Y/n." she says coldly.

"What do you want?" I ask just as coldly.

"You're uh... You're friend Brandon called me. Said he wanted you and I to talk things through." she sounds uncomfortable.

"First, his name is Brendon. And let's talk this through in real life." I state sharply.

"Tomorrow sound good?" she asks.

"No, I'm on tour right now." I say but I get interrupted by her gasps.

"Oh, you don't know. I'm on tour with Panic! At The Disco. I was a touring member but I've been promoted to a full time member." I explain.

"You seem to have made quite a life for yourself. How's tour life treating you?" she sounds slightly saddened.

I decide to be open with her and say "Rooming with four guys is a lot easier than you'd think. They treat me like family and care about my opinion. Brendon, the guy who called you, is actually the lead singer."

"That's amazing, Y/n. I'm sorry about kicking you out... Honestly, it was your dad's choice. I didn't want to.." she sounds a lot more sad than before.

"You always did let him control you." I point out.

She sighs lightly and says "I know, that's why I'm getting a divorce. He hasn't worked a day since he moved in, so he doesn't own anything. And I want to be your mom again, can you ever forgive me?"

"It'll take time, but I always knew you had no say in it. It's been hard though, I thought my life was over when she broke up with me.." I open up a lot more to her.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. At least you have the guys, right?" She offers.

"Yeah..." I start to cry "I missed you, mom."

"I missed you too, sweetie." she says warmly but full of regret.

I hear a knock on the door. "Oh! I gotta go, but I'll see you after tour, okay?" I say.

"Yeah. Yeah you will." she replies.

I look at Brendon, and give him a look that says it all 'thank you' before opening the door.