Coffee Shop

I awake to an excited Brendon shaking me. Once I'm completely there he exclaims "You've been asleep forever!"

"How long?" I inquire.

"Well, we're ten minutes to Seattle.." he explains.

"Shit," I mutter "I'll go get dressed. See you in a few, Bren."

"Alright."

Once I was dressed in casual clothes and a small bit of makeup, I threw my phone and wallet into my purse then met with Brendon outside the bus.

"Marie, my sister, should be meeting with us at the cafe a few blocks away." I point out the direction we should be walking towards.

As we start off, his hand slowly sneaks to mine, incasing it in his warmth.

I breathe in and intertwine my fingers with his as we continue walking.

I look over and for once his smile wasn't huge for the world to see. It was small and content, only for me. I feel like that smile suits him as much as his toothy grins.

Once we are inside the coffee shop, I buy us both drinks (after arguing with Brendon about who's paying for at least ten minutes) and we sit down.

"I still think that I should've paid..." he sighs.

"No Bren, you're paying for the fair already. So the least I can do is buy you coffee." I point out.

"I guess.." he seems uncontent. He suddenly stands up and goes back to the front. A few seconds later he comes back with two slices of cake that they apparently sold here.

"Breeeeendon no." I whine and pull out my wallet, attempting to pay him back.

"No." he pushes the money away and gives me my cake in return.

"Why?" I ask curiously. Why is he so insistent in spending money in me?

"I want to." he simply replies, giving me the wide smile he had down to a formula.

I sigh but I can't reply as my sister walk in and sees us. "Ah!" she runs to us.

"Marie!" I stand up and embrace her.

When I let go, I gesture to Brendon and say "This is Brendon."

"Nice to meet you!" he smiles at her.

"Hey, I'm Marie. It's good to meet my sister's boyfriend." she politely sits down.

"Oh uhm... We're not together." I clarify.

"Really? That's a shame." she slightly frowns.

"What do you mean?" Brendon asks her.

"You look cute together." she steals my cake and takes a bite of it.

"Hey! Not cool sis." I shove her away and take it back. I take my own first bite and basically orgasm. "Holy fuck Brendon, this is so good. Thank you."

"I know right! And it's my pleasure." he slightly bows then eats his own food.

Once we're all done, we leave the place and they make conversation.

"So, Y/n/n says that you're a rockstar eh? What band are you in?" she starts.

"I'm the lead singer of a band called Panic! At The Disco." he states.

"Oooh, I know you. Y/n over here had the BIGGEST crush on-"

I stop her with "NO!!"

"Why not? You don't still like him, right?" she teases.

Brendon perks up "Wait, who do you like Y/n?"

"I never actually had a crush. I just thought they were a good person." I ignore him to save me the embarrassment.

"Mmhmm. Sure, Y/n. Whatever you tell yourself to sleep at night." she says sarcastically.

"Y/nnnn pay attention to me." Brendon whines "I wanna know who it was!"

"No." I say authoritatively.

He pouts and says "Fine..."

I wrap an arm around him and whisper "She gets us and Fall Out Boy confused. I kinda liked Pete Wentz for like a month."

"Oooh okay, thank god it wasn't Brent or something." he replies.

"Hell nah." I giggle and pull away.

I know that lying is wrong, but I can't tell him that I had a huge crush on him.