Half Loved ~ Chap 25: Pretend to be Mine

Start from the beginning

We arrived at the infirmary, and I sighed in relief, seeing as it was still open. Luckily, we reached the doctor in time, just before she left for the night. I was asked to wait at the reception area while Andy got some antihistamines to clear the inflammations in his throat. Tyler got his arm fixed up before joining me. As we were waiting for his condition to stabilize, I decided to call Cam to update him about Andy.

“Hey, man.” He said upon picking up.

“Cam, we found Carter. We’re at the infirmary.”

“What? Why?” he asked incredulously. “Did something happen?”

“He had an asthma attack so Ty and I brought him here.”

“Do you need me to come down there?”

“No, no, don’t bother. We’ll be done in a while. Besides, Carter’s too groggy from the medicine. Just go study. We know how royally you suck at algebra.” I chuckled lightly to try and not let Cam ask too much.

“Fine.” He said, and I could imagine him rolling his eyes. “But call me if ever something turns up, okay?”

“Sure thing. Good luck with those problems.” I said before hanging up.

“Do you think it’s that S person who did this to Andy?” Tyler asked, the frustration evident in his tone.

“Who else could possibly be as twisted as S to pull this off?” I said, clenching my fists in anger.

“Well, whoever S is, I’m gonna make sure to pound the crap out of it.”

“Glad we can agree on that.” I smiled forebodingly.

It took an hour and a half before Carter got discharged by the doctor, and she gave me some medicine for him to drink when he wakes up. We thanked her good night before leaving the infirmary. Looks like Andy was out cold, we didn’t know if it came from the medicine or from exhaustion.

We were walking our way at the quad between the Hugher and Rummer dorms when I saw a figure at our dorm’s entrance.

“Liam?” Jace asked, surprised to see us. “Tyle—is that Carter?”

“Yup. It’s him.” Tyler replied, tilting Andy from his piggyback ride to give Jace a better look.

“What happened?” he said, a hint of concern from his voice.

“Asthma attack. Got him knocked up on some meds though so, shhh…” I said, putting a finger on my lips. “What are you doing here anyway?”

“I heard something by the trash bins at the corner of Rummer, thought I’d check it out.”

“That explains the baseball bat.” Tyler noted.

“Well, that could’ve been us making all the racket. You better go up, it’s way past curfew.” I whispered.

“You’re right.” He replied. “Make him drink his medicine, alright?”

“Aye, aye captain.” I said before sneakily going up the Rummer building. It was a good thing that Rose wasn’t there at the counter. It looks like she went for a bathroom break… looks like we needed to make this quick. We took the stairs, and I carried Carter by then, seeing as Tyler was already huffing. After all, the old cabin was a on the farther side of the campus greenery.

I knocked three times, then twice, then once. It’s something Carter thought would be a cool way to recognize our group of friends, but in truth, I thought it was just his way of not getting scared since “the knock” started only a few days after S happened. I then stepped in the room.