1. One Manly Drink

6:30 am is not a time someone wants to wake up in the holidays to go to work.
So Sarah turned her alarm off and went back to sleep.

~~~

Half an hour later her second alarm went off.

"Fuck off" she groaned, throwing her arm over her eyes, falling asleep once again.

~~~

BEEP BEEP! BEEP BEEP!

"Shut up you worthless peice of crap!" She screamed at her phone, pissed at being woken again.
Finally awake and hope hope in hell of getting a bit more shut eye Sarah got up and checked the time. 7:30, not utterly late but she won't be able to have a decent breakfast.

Fuck she thought, rushing around her small apartment. Getting dressed in plain jeans and a simple black long sleeved jumper, applying minimum makeup and tied her annoying straight blonde hair in a high ponytail.
Sarah grabbed her phone, keys, wallet and big fluffy coat while walking out the door.

~~~

Walking into the local Starbucks was tantalising, a wonderfully warm and comfortable aroma surrounded her lifting her spirits as she walked behind the counter, greeting her co-workers.

"Hey Jones" They called in response, using her last name to her upmost displeasure, she hated her surname because it was so ordinary, plus she wasn't a big fan of her family.

"Guess what!" cried Angelica, a tiny ferocious red head with a mischievous personality, who had worked along side Sarah for the past two years, almost getting fired twice for completely butchering customers names and not apologising for it.

"You got turned into a giant mushroom and started running around like crazy, eventually crashing into a tree knocking yourself out and waking up as a marshmellow with wings and a pet cat called Meow" Sarah replied in a monotone voice. Angelica just stared at her for a moment, baffled.

"That's sounds like one of my highschool parties. But no, unfortunately not that."

"Then what?" Sarah inquired, slightly curious.

"You know that guy I met last month? The one with the nice smile?"

"Mustache man?" Sarah confirmed, remembering a decent looking fellow with quite an attractively well kept mustache.

"Yeah, well he asked me out!" She squeeled, oh my holy trousers she swears Angelica is still in highschool even though she's like, a year older than her.

"That's great! When's the date?"

"I don't know, he said he would text me" well they all new what that meant.

"Ann, hun. I need to break it to you." Sarah sighed.
"He's gonna take at least a year before he's going to text you, you know how men are" she gave Ann a gentle pat on the back.

"No he won't" She replied stubbornly

"Yes he will and you know it." Sarah reasoned, aware of the annoyance in Ann's voice.
"Whatever" she mumbled

"So what else has happened recently? I haven't seen you this week"

"My little brother moved in with me and just started the College. I'm so proud of my little Collie" a loving look past over her face. Sarah wished she felt that way towards her family, but alas not everyone gets what they want.

"Must be nice to have some family around eh? Even if brothers are as annoying as hell" Sarah chuckled, the longing in her words unheard, tears started to well up in her eyes. She quickly stared at the closest bright light and recovered from her almost pity session.

"Look, I'll talk later okay? Sam has only just finished her shift and she's left a huge que for me to deal with. See ya" Sarah waved and strode towards the looming crowd and the first angered customer of the day.
Oh great she complained silently time for annoying people. It just makes my dammed day.

~~~

About three hours into her shift, Sarah was bored out of her mind. The line was now none existent and there were only a couple of people sitting get around. So she spent her time imagining Alex Pettyfer walking in and proclaiming his love for her and then whisking her away in a lovely ferrari, to go get married and live on a private island.

Sarah's daydream was interrupted by the front door opening and there sauntered in a blonde, very kind looking man.

Sarah knew better than to judge by appearances, a spike of pure terror dove into her, making her conscious of everything surrounding them. Of every breath, every movement, exactly how many paces it would take to get to the door, and how long it would take for him to catch her. Her throat closed up and her hands began to shake, she had known him, she had known the man very well.

"Good afternoon little sister..." He drawled, voice deep and rumbling, it sent ice down her spine.

"Why...why are you here?" She quavered, putting her hand on the counter top to support her trembling legs.

"Because I've just arrived in the city after a long time searching for something of mine and I decided to stop for a drink, does that answer your question or should I show you a more...simpler way?" Raising an eyebrow in question, flashing memories of a uncoiling belt, being gripped in places untouched before. Lying in pain for hours afterwards her body violated and battered. Never making a sound, never wanting him to come back and start fearing on her body and mind again.

A low chuckle rumbled out of her brothers mouth, as if he too were remembering those times and enjoying the thoughts immensely.

He clicked his fingers and Sarah flinched at the harsh noise. "Now will you get me a black coffee with two shots of expresso" He demanded, waiting. Waiting for her to do something, almost daring her to say something back but she knew she wouldn't risk it. So she turned around and relayed the order to an oblivious Angelica, who then made the coffee and handed it to Sarah.

Her brother dropped the cash on the counter, he picked up his coffee and gave it a taste, taking pleasure in her discomfort before lightheartedly saying "Thanks Pip, can't wait to catch up. I'll see you around" He winked, laughed and paraded away. Sarah released a long held breath of temporary relief. Hands still shaking she stuffed them into her trouser pockets.

"Wasn't he an extremely nice looking guy" Ann admired from behind her, Sarah masked her terror with a too easy thought she turned to look at Ann with a grimace "Ew, no. He's my brother"

"Well your brother is a hottie and has a deep voice, it makes me feel all giddy" If only she knew. She wouldn't stand five miles away from him.

"Don't you have a guy?" Sarah didn't actually care, all men were evil sadistic pigs who can't keep their gods damned hands to their gods damned selves, just thinking about it made Sarah hate them as passionately as ever.
After the experience of every male she'd ever known Sarah had come to hate them with so much fury that the meer thought of a man ever laying his filthy hands on her ever again made her sick to the stomach and murderous.

She had finally gotten away from her hometown and for the past few years she had even started to talk to a few guy co-workers, but that had all been ruined and she felt as vulnerable as ever.
Sarah finished her last hour of work in silence and contained fury, then left without a further word to anyone and went home.

•°•°•°•°•°•

Hey everyone!

This is the start of my new story and I do hope you are as interested as me as what is going to happen (except I already know haha)

This may take a longer update time then my usual as I am currently writing it and not pre-written. Also I'm in my last year of highschool so I got exams (Oh no!) But I will try to update as often as possible.

Please Vote, Comment and Share!

Love yooooou!

E▪J