parties were just not taehyung's thing and now he sighed, realising the fact that he has to spend the rest of his night at this party with crazed people because hoseok's drunk self was, for some reason, whipped for yoongi.

taehyung shoves his hand in the pockets of his jacket and goes looking for the kitchen, wanting a distraction to keep himself busy.

he edges past his strangers and some classmates, ignoring the yells in his ears and the bodies grinding against him in time to the music, as he does so.
he finds the kitchen and leans agains the kitchen table, unsure about what he should be doing now.

he watches a bunch of students chatter and drink around the table, someone was even doing belly shots whilst lying on the kitchen counter. taehyung shuffles around, ending up near where the alcohol supply was situated. he looks at them and shivers, the memories of the last time he drank resurfacing.

don't drink, taehyung. not a good idea.

the smell of something fruity rises to his nose, the scent heady but delicious. he spots a small jug of orange coloured liquid sitting untouched.
juice? he thinks, sniffing the drink. he pours it into a cup, swirling the 'juice' around to make sure nothing was inside the drink. with hidden suspicion,
taehyung takes a swig of the possibly dodgy alcohol. he takes another. and another. and another.

he continues downing his cup of mysterious juice, finishing it and reaching for another cup sitting on the table, pouring himself more of the fragrant drink.
he downs that too and grabs another. and another.
and another.

this continues for a while.

+

jungkook focus
after trying to detach himself from
chae-young, a mouthy girl who constantly chattered with her equally talkative friends whilst smacking her gum loudly, jungkook was finally heading to the party.

he groans as he walks down the driveway of the party venue with a creased shirt, the hem partially stretched from when chae-young had clawed at jungkook.
he shot down her expectations and rejected the irritable girl's confession without any remorse or guilt - it was easy to be upfront and get it over and done with, rather than comfort the damn girl and get foundation/any other makeup product rubbed on his t-shirt as well as tears. he said this with experience - it wasn't surprising about how many girls [and a couple of guys] had confessed to him - which he rejected easily and without any extra thoughts.

unfortunately, chae-young did not get the message and jungkook had to try his best not to wrestle her grip off his shirt. he had to wait for her to sob dramatically and run down the corridor, blonde extensions flying as she ran.
he sighs; he was meant to meet up with taehyung and walk to the party amicably and get drunk and have fun together.

oh well, im not too late.
he walks in through the open door. music blared out of the house and practically shook the windows in the frame. jungkook grins at a few people he recognised, fist bumping or winking at them. it was surprising to see how many friends jungkook had made in a small matter of a week.

he walks by, nodding to the heavy bass of the song playing.
now, where's the others?
jungkook thinks, searching the tops of people's head to try and spot a moody yoongi, an excitable hoseok and what jungkook hoped for: a wild, drunk and possibly stripping taehyung.

he does find him, but of all the possibilities [tae pole dancing on the banister/tae doing body shots off someone's chest/tae dancing on the coffee table etc] he had pictured taehyung doing, this one was least expected.

he was sleeping.

drool collected at the corner of his parted mouth, hair tousled to the extent where you had the urge to smooth it down. he laid half off, half on the couch with his left arm and leg dangling off the couch's edge.

jungkook walks over and crouches beside taehyung's face, gosh, he's pretty, he immediately thinks.
he combs a hand through taehyung's hair, smoothing the little tufts of brown coloured hair.
jungkook feels his irritation dissipate a little at the view of taehyung sleeping so carelessly but soundlessly in a freaking loud party.

taehyung curls at the touch of jungkook's hand in his hair, his arms and knees retracting into a loosely wound ball. jungkook tilts his head, smiling lightly as taehyung murmured unclearly in his sleep about "sleepy orange drinks" .

jungkook pats taehyung's shoulder, pushing his upper arm to wake the older up.
guess there won't be time to party, jungkook concludes as taehyung's eyes crank open to peer at him.

"kook?" taehyung slurs, dropping the cup and its contents to the floor without thinking. "oopsie! that drink was really good!" taehyung mutters, watching the orange drink seep into the cream carpet.

"never mind about that. you sleepy?" jungkook asks, smiling as taehyung looked around, trying to find his bearings. cute.
"wanna go back to the dorm?" he asks, inspecting the stained couch taehyung was lying on.

taehyung yawns, holding out a hand, "tired - let's go, kook." he takes his hand.