Chapter 2: Blair's Rogue

"Blair, I'm sorry ok? I just didnt want anything to happen on my watch before I become alpha tomorrow." Jake pleaded as I yelled at him for getting in my way and ruining what was supposed to be my battle. We were in his room at the pack house, we'd put the rogues in the basement until we knew what to do with them. I was double pissed at Jake though because his dad, the alpha, ordered that no one was allowed to interact with the rogues and I still wanted to get even with the arrogant tattooed one.

"You made me look weak in front of everyone!" I yelled, slamming my small palms into his solid chest. He didnt flinch, but I'd done it more for emotional emphasis than physical effect.

"You held your own against an alpha sized rogue, no one would question that." He said firmly, getting prickly over the whole thing finally.

"But I didn't get to finish it off, you made it look like I could only dodge and not actually fight." I said in frustration. He sighed and ran a hand through his brown hair.

"Don't fight me Blair, it's just...I care about you so I want you to be safe."

"I can take care of myself."

"I know it's just...it's different....I think...ugh just forget it." He said finally, leaving me more confused than angry. He turned his back to me and ran his hands over his face before turning back to me.

"Lets just forget it please?"

I narrowed my green eyes at him. "Only if you let me see the rogues when you become alpha." I said with a slight grin coming to my lips. I could tell from his face he didnt really like that.

"I was getting rid of them, they're deranged Blair. What are you hoping to achieve? That wolf isn't going to see things your way, he's feral." Jake said, his upper lip curling in disgust as he talked about the tattooed guy. I pursed my lips and put my hands on my hips.

"You owe me. I just want to make a point, since you screwed up my fight and embarrassed me, I want you to make it up to me by giving me the rogue." I said slyly, pulling up to his chest and wrapping my arms around his neck playfully. "Come on Jake, you have to make it up to me somehow." His body tensed and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I felt my heart quicken as his grip tightened, what was he doing? His red wolf eyes started showing and I squirmed nervously in his grasp.

"Ok Jake, it's fine, you can make it up to me with something else if it bothers you that much." I said quickly, pulling my hands back from around his neck and pushing on his chest instead since he was holding me too tight. He didn't seem to hear me and I struggled uncomfortably again, making him come to his senses. He shook his head once and his eyes turned hazel again as he released me. I stepped back and shifted my weight awkwardly.

"Oh sorry, I just was thinking about some stuff and I lost myself for a moment there." He said lamely, we both knew it was something more, I just didn't know what and he did.

"That's fine, I don't really need to have him anyway, it's just some stupid revenge thing." I said dismissively, trying to diffuse the strange feeling in the room.

"Huh? oh no sorry, it's fine, I think it's a fair deal, so I give you my word as alpha-to-be that I hereby give you the rogue in my possession and place him in yours indefinitely." He said with a flourish of his alpha voice and a smile that had me smiling back.

"Thanks, I'll let it drop then." I said with a wink as I headed to the door. He smiled broader in return, but I could tell he was relieved, I'd let more than just the rogue issue drop and now he owed me again I thought with a grin.

Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer and have some interaction between Blair and the rogue woot woot!