9) True Feelings [Edited]

Start from the beginning

She's finally realised that this may not be the best way to deal with things, for both her and Impact. At least now, she's realised her mistake, and is trying to make amends.

But she could really use more Patience... wounds take time to heal, after all.

She reminds me of somebody that I used to know...

"Castellar...let's finish this conversation at home, okay? The kids don't need to hear this." Impact winces, seeing that I'm still listening.

 "Oh...okay. You're right. We'll talk about this later, when I've lead Tyler through Waterfall, okay?" Castellar replies, as she smiles weakly, happy that Impact is giving her a chance.

 "Alright." Impact agrees, sighing in relief. Turns out he maybe does want to talk about it, after all. Castellar just needed to be honest about her true feelings about the situation. I'm glad that I'm helping them make up.

Although I do have to wonder what happened to cause Impact to have such horrible nightmares...

My train of thought is interrupted as Castellar's phone starts to ring, playing a catchy jingle as her ringtone.

"Oh, sorry, I've got to take this." She apologises, before she quickly fumbles around in her pocket and picks up the call.

"Oh! Crimson! How are you?" She asks the caller. Crimson...she's the leader of the Royal Guard, right? Castellar's boss...

"...W-What? You want to meet up and talk? Uh...sure! When do you want to...RIGHT NOW?! OH MY GOD! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE! Same spot as always? ...Okay, see you!" Castellar panicks, before the other end hangs up on her. She puts a smile on her face again, and gives a happy sigh.

" Uh... sorry, Tyler. I'll lead you through Waterfall later, okay? I've got a meeting with Crimson. You can wait a few minutes, right? " She chuckles nervously, and I nod.

"Okay. But you've got to tell Crimson about how you really feel about the Guard, okay? Promise me." I wink and smile, as Castellar sweats slightly.

"O-Okay. I will." And with that, she runs off further into the caves.

------------------------------------------------------

" Sorry for that earlier, kid. It got a little intense, didn't it? Like Castellar says...we should keep matters like that in the comforts of our own homes. Anyway...how about while we wait for her to get back, we go out and grab some food? To make it up to you. " He winks, and I nod eagerly.

"Yes please! All I've eaten today was a cereal bar on my way up the mountain and a MineCream earlier!" I beam, and Impact chuckles.

 " Alright, let's go. But..we could always take a shortcut if ya want. " He winks, and it takes me a moment to realise what he means.

"Oh! You mean you can teleport us there? That would be awesome! Let's do it! " I cheer, but pause.

"Wait..uh...can my...invisible friend come too?" I quite lie, blushing slightly. Impact blinks, and then smiles.

" Sure. Just make sure we all link arms. " He shrugs, as I grab his hand. Once again, I'm zapped by the joy buzzer.

"Sorry. Couldn't resist." He chuckles, as I suddenly see the world around me blur.

For a split second, I swear I see millions of ones and zeroes zipping through space with us.

And then, we're there.

My eyes take some time to adjust, but we're at the entrance to Grillby's.

"Heh, you get used to it after a while." He comments, seeing me stumble around dizzily.