Chapter 3

*Harry's POV*

Harry frowned at the picture, glancing away before tears formed. The flashes of green light were too much.

Draco had come here often, and Harry had followed him to make sure he wasn't up to anything.

It was his fourth time before Draco had noticed him.

Harry was fascinated by the way Draco entered and went straight to a blank picture. He stared into it with such intent, such hatred in his eyes.

Harry had wondered what Draco was seeing.

He told Draco what he had seen, of course - it was obvious to any of his friends, and seen as a weakness by his enemies. 

But Draco hadn't told him what Draco had seen.

Harry wondered why. When Harry had asked, he hadn't missed the slight blush coloring Draco's cheeks.

Harry shook his head and exited the room. He glanced to his right and was surprised to see Draco curled up in a ball leaning against the wall.

Harry approached him. Draco's eyes were closed.

Did he just fall asleep? Harry considered bringing him back to his dorm but decided against it. It was Draco, after all.

***

*Draco's POV*

Draco stirred. He opened his eyes.

Where was he? He was cold, and it didn't feel like he was in his bed.

Draco internally groaned. He had fallen asleep outside of the Room of Requirement. He was waiting for Harry to come out but instead had dropped off.

Draco scrambled to his feet and made his way to the Slytherin dormitory, sneaking in. Thankfully, no one else was awake.

Draco was about to go upstairs when he heard a noise to the side and winced. He turned.

Pansy Parkinson stood at the foot of the girl's stairs. "Where were you, Draco?" she asked, brown eyes glinting.

Draco sighed and moved to sit on one of the couches in the common room. "The Room of Requirement."

Pansy sat down beside him. She had known about Draco's crush on Harry since the fourth year and had thrown a bit of a fit. But sometime during the fifth year, she had accepted it and moved on. Now she had a thing for Blaise. 

Draco felt a hand on his shoulder. "You've got to stop obsessing over that picture. He's kissed other girls, okay? Either he's gay or not, and you need to move on-"

"He could be bi," Draco muttered, staring at the floor. 

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Whatever the case, that stupid picture won't work. For all we know, it's-"

"It's not just the picture," Draco said, still looking at the green and silver carpet on the floor. "I... the mirror."

"Then do something," Pansy persisted. "Don't just mope around like a wounded puppy. He's never going to know, you're both going to separate and never meet each other again."

Draco lifted his head to glare at Pansy, his silvery eyes glinting with anger. "I've tried! I'm trying! You don't know how hard it is!"

Pansy sighed, reaching her arm around Draco's back, embracing him. "Look, just tell him. If he rejects you, it's better than what you're suffering right now."

Draco jerked away from Pansy's arm, glancing away from her, blinking hard. "How do you know?" he whispered, his voice barely a whisper.

Pansy started to speak, but Draco's voice rose in volume, and he stood.