2. Tell me you don't want my kiss.

So short but I needed to give youy something and I'm being kicked off the computer, my sisters laptop is broken and my charger is still broken, might be getting a new one :D SO SORRY GUYS!

Skittlez

Chapter Two

~Tell Me You Don’t Want My Kiss~

Thoughts slammed into my head each echoing around, there must have been thousands of them all suffocating me with their emotions, but what pinched my heart the most, was they were all about one thing. Lord Sullivan. My breath caught in my throat as visions that weren’t mine, flashed before my eyes. The power was rumbling around me, I felt as though I was going to collapse and fall into my empty grave.

He’s back, what idiot would do this to the kingdom?!

Is that… Sullivan? I always knew he was innocent.

He looks so sad…

Maybe he’s going to punish himself for what he did.

“Evaina!” someone’s scream made me snap out of my trance, I looked up shaking slowly, Jessica was there such a worried expression shone upon her face. My stomach turned and shifted, and I took a step back from Jessica’s grasp, dizziness intoxicated me as the world spun around, I could feel my stomach coming through my throat and before I could stop it, it leaped out and all over the floor, and I fell into it, slamming my head firmly on the ground.

***

My eyes fluttered open greeting me with the candle light on my bedside table. I shot up looking around, the memory of what happened still very fresh in my mind. “Are you all right?” Derrick’s voice was broken as though he was pained, and betrayed.

My eyes snapped towards him, he wasn’t facing me he sat across from my bed on a mahogany chair, his head looking at the wall. I gulped, I wanted to see his mesmerizing blue eyes, his high cheek bones, and beautiful long dark lashes. I itched to talk to him, but I couldn’t bring myself too. I had too much pride.

“You’re not going to answer me, are you?” his voice was laced with venom, I flinched. He was brought up to be powerful, to be in charge to rule over a kingdom, so when he spoke harshly it hurt more than a tone of hay being chucked on you.

“I’m fine.” I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear. He got up from his seat shaking his head still not allowing me to see his beautiful eyes.

“Good.” He said sternly and my heart squeezed tight, when he said ‘good’ it was so emotionless, meaningless, like nothing mattered to him anymore, like his life had no meaning to begin with.

“Don’t go.” I whispered, but it was too late Derrick had walked out of the door, before I could chase after him. Tears slid down my eyes, and I sobbed. I seemed to be doing that a lot lately.

I was too stubborn for my own good; I needed to suck in my pride. I couldn’t be mad at Derrick forever. I mentally slapped myself. How could I honestly give up on Derrick? He was only trying to protect me… I didn’t even think, and now it looks like he gave up on me, just like I gave up on him.

I shot up out of my bed. Why was I just sitting here? What good was that going to do? The longer I stayed away from him, the harder winning him back will be but there was the matter of where to look first. I yelled in frustration kicking the wooden chair, to my right.

“Ouch!” I groaned grabbing my toe as it swelled up.

“Did you hear him, say his apologies? He’s so handsome.” There was a giggle coming from out in the corridor. I leaned my head out just slightly but enough so that I could see who it was then moved my head back carefully listening in. They were duchesses, but I didn’t know their names, I did know that the one speaking was a red head but that was all I could remember.

“Handsome he poisoned the queen!” the other one said outraged.

“That’s only a rumor.” The redhead hissed. I rolled my eyes knowing instantly who they were talking to, I walked out Derricks blue eyes floating in my mind, and that was it for me, I ran.

I don’t think I ran harder than I did then; I pulled all my weight on to each foot making sure to cover as much distance between my legs as I could. I had one goal and one goal only, finding Derrick.

As if on cue Natalie’s thought flew into my mind, “Derrick! Just calm down.” Natalie stared out into the back garden glancing around, not facing Derrick. I ached for her to turn around just so I could see him but her thoughts faded before she looked at him again. I clenched my fists cutting a corner, which was a short cut to the back garden.

I needed to get to him.

Running at full speed my head began to spin, I had been running for too long, but I pushed myself, my corset tightening on me and I felt as though I couldn’t breathe, the back of his silk hair in the distance kept my feet going and going.

I tried breathing but I simply couldn’t, I felt is if I was falling but I still couldn’t stop running, he was there. Just before me. His back was still turned to me talking steadily to Nat who was engaged in the conversation. I just wanted to reach out and run my hands through his hair, and pull his head towards me so I could stare into the depths of his blue eyes.

And then I fell, falling and falling and falling, but my Derrick was quick he caught me before I could hit the ground his blue eyes were so much better in real life, they swirl with concern yet it was still laced with an emotion I couldn’t pick.

“Derrick…” I murmured fighting hard to stay conscious, “I’m sorry.”

“Evaina I can’t, I-“

“Tell me you don’t want my kiss.”