Starfire / Kori

[Hey! Just a recap, I don't own the Teen Titans. DC Comics and Cartoon Network do. I just own this story. If you haven't watched the cartoon then I strongly suggest that you do. I will be referencing places, characters, items and events in this chapter and I won't describe it if it was in the cartoon. Also, I will use the characters' real names and such. Thank you guys so much for reading! Enjoy!]

Starfire/Kori

"How about 'The Life of an Atom'? It's a documentary about how an atom 'lives'." Richard suggested. We were trying to decide what movie to watch but most of the newest movies were about alien invasions. Rich was always going out of his way to avoid those types of movies. considering that I was an alien to the humans of Earth, I understood how he might think that I was sensitive to such things.

"How about we just go out to dinner? We could get our minds off of current events just as easily and we won't have to eat gross movie theater food." Rich looked up at me and smiled. I rarely talked "normal" when I was with Rich. I was also the only person to call him Rich instead of Dick. Dick just sounded to vulgar and weird when spoken aloud to my ears.

My taste buds had changed from my time on this planet as well. Although, from time to time, I will make an old Tameranian recipe as to not forget my home planet. Rich was nice enough to try to create a liking for Tameranian food but has yet to achieve such a goal.

"That sounds lovely Kori. Were do you want to go? There is that new Italian place that is right by the shore."

"Sure! Let me just go get ready and we can head out." Rich nodded and I went to go prepare for the night's outing.

It had been a while since Rich and I had first called each other boyfriend and girlfriend. Almost two years. We excepted each others' little quirks and differences. He would be patient with me whenever I didn't understand something here on earth and I, with him whenever we traveled to different planets on business. There were never any secrets between us. Most humans would say that we had a storybook ending but it wasn't an ending at all. Or a beginning. Just the middle, and that was fine with me. None of us were ready to stop the hero life yet. We couldn't have a life of our own if we were in constant danger. I think that that's alright with the team though. We were still teenagers for another year or two and then we would be replaced by the young heroes that we have trained.

Now with Rachel being in her suspended dream state, it was just a lot to take in. However, last night, Garfield came to our room and started babbling about something to do with Rachel. Rich and I went to the infirmary to see Victor with Rache's records in hand. Victor explained the situation far better than Garfield did but that wasn't anything new.

Vic was still searching for the secondary brainwave, but wouldn't tell us what he had planned if he did find it. I should count myself lucky. Tonight was supposed to be my watch of Rachel but Vic decided to keep watch while he was searching. As much as I loved Rachel, I didn't like seeing her so still. It was like she was dead.

So, distractions were good. As I came upon my old room that I now used for a closet, I figured that going out was a nice distraction.

The room wasn't full of stuff. The bed was still there and the vanity as well but it had an "unlived in" look. I had moved out of this room and into Rich's a while ago. Since I am a female, his small closet space was not enough for me, so I transformed my old room into a storage room.

I walked up to a clothes rack that was pushed up against the wall that was close to the actual closet. The rack held nice dress shirts along with kakis in all sorts of colors. I decided to wear a dark blue, velvety blouse that went great with these dark brown kakis. I went to the several shoe racks the lined the inside of the closet. I picked a pair that were low, closed toed, white wedges.