Chapter 45

Lloyd looked up to his father and smiled. Garmadon returned it.

"Oh! I love you so much, Lloyd."

"Me too. I'm glad we're both still alive."

"Yes, my son. I couldn't agree more."

Lloyd's father closed his eyes and visualized something for a moment.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I CAN'T FIGHT YOU!!" Lloyd exclaims, stopping his attack.

Unable to control anything, Garmadon's beam hit Lloyd, who collapsed to the ground. The Dark Lord instantly ran to his son. Lloyd's breathing had stopped just shortly after his father's arrival.

No...! It cannot be!

It was too late; Lloyd had died.

Garmadon wailed in both anguish and sadness, rapidly shaking his head in disbelief as he held his son close, his voice trembling.

"LLOYD MONTGOMERY, MY BELOVED CHILD!!! N-NO!!! WHAT...WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU?!?! THIS C-CAN'T BE REAL!!! IT CAN'T BE!!! NO, I..." He trailed off.

I'm just so conflicted. Although the evil within is still controlling me, I can't help but blame myself for all of this. Lloyd, you've always meant the world to me, but now...now I've killed you. I can't even think about anything else at the moment. I can't move. It's too much for me to handle all at once. I can never forgive myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Garmadon shuddered.

"Father?! Are you alright?!" Lloyd said with much concern.

"No, Lloyd. I'm not. You go on ahead without me. I'm going to stay behind for a while."

"Alright."

Lloyd left his father and went into the dining room.