Cold, Light

I sat in my formation, listening to the sergeants voice speak the urgency of finding this man. His tan hand pointed to the overhead image and up popped the man that we needed to find, and kill, as quickly as possible.

His cold, hard stare pinned us all down to our seats, the dark black pupils seeming more dominate against the light blue background. His skin was pale- very pale, signaling that he didn't get out very much. He scared all of us, and I knew it. Because, while most criminals would have a straight line on their mouths... he was smiling. Just a crooked smile, barely there, but it was still evident. Just the slight curve of his lips on the right side and that certain glint in his forever starring eyes made us shiver.

I shifted in my seat, reaching up to tug at my pony tail that was coming loose. I licked my lips and continued to remember the mans face.

His hair looked mangled but still kept clean in the picture. It was a dark, chocolate brown color and his eyebrows were thick, the color matching. He had a small scar just at the end of his left eyebrow and it curved slightly. No one really knows what it's from, but it added to his criminal look, that's for sure. Bringing my attention back to the sergeant, I heard that he was describing the man.

"He has a slight British accent. He has slightly crooked teeth, but overall white. He walks with a small limp, usually pausing to give his right leg a rest. He stands at five feet seven inches, age is unknown..."

I blanked out after that, starring into his cold, cold eyes and I knew that I had to kill him.

Suddenly, I was walking into my home. I guess I wasn't really paying attention on the ride home. The sun was just about to set, though the sun still splashed into my fairly open kitchen where music was playing, along with someone singing... badly.

I went into my room with a small giggle, closing the door behind me. Quickly I changed from my cop uniform into a blue sundress that brought out the blue in my green eyes. I let my cooper orange locks fall from my pony tail and let my hair tumble to my shoulders before bringing a brush through it, carefully parting it to one side and fixing the bands that swept across my eyes. Reapplying a light, natural shade of makeup, I brushed my dress again and smiled at myself in the mirror, my freckles moving with my skin, my pale skin glowing a shade of orange in the leaving sunlight.

Skipping out of my room, I finally located the source of the terrible singing and wrapped my arms around his waist. His singing stopped and he turned from his pot of boiling pasta to me, quickly grabbing my face and kissing it. Returning eagerly, he broke away to turn off the stove.

"'Ello love. I missed you terribly today," he said in his accent. I giggled and glanced up at him, taking in his blue eyes- usually cold, but now flickering with happiness- and the small scar the curved next to his eyebrow.

"Oh hun, for some reason, I haven't stopped thinking about you all day. Now, are we going to have that romantic dinner, or what?"

Everything passed in a blur after that, and starring into his light, light eyes, I knew that I had to kill him.