Chapter Six - Back To School

Merry Christmas guys. Hope you had a good one. Anyway, this chapter probably, I agree, might be a little random as I wrote this during a party and I couldn't really think straight but thought I'd post it anyway. Enjoy.

*****

Darkmoon Extinction - Chapter Six

(Hailey's POV)

I'm sitting on my bed, trying to think things over about the kiss with Sarah yesterday. It felt as though the atmosphere changed between us.

Ever since we sort of admitted our feelings or what form of feelings I'm receiving. Things have sort of been rocky.

I needed to talk to her. I needed to make sure that things weren't awkward between us. Standing from my bed, I walked out my room and towards hers.

As I arrived in front of her door, I was hesitant to knock. What if she didn't want to speak to me? Or if she was still asleep?

I knock quietly after a silent argument with myself. I stood awkwardly at her bedroom door and she opened it after a minute. ''Hailey?''

        ''Sorry if I woke you.''

        ''You didn't, my alarm did instead. What are you doing here?''

I shuffled on my feet. I had no option but to go through with the talk. ''I came to talk to you about yesterday.''

She stood aside and let me in. Leaving me standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. ''So?''

        ''I basically just wanted to know if things were awkward between us since the kiss yesterday?''

        ''Why would things be awkward?''

I remained still, staring at my feet. ''I guess I'm just making it awkward.'' I look up. ''I thought about something last night. What if Aiden isn't the right person for me? The right person is standing in front of me.''

Sarah looked at me. Probably surprised at what I've just said. ''I have a question.''

*****

(Jason's POV)

Alex has been making great progress. She's walking almost perfectly, she's fallen once or twice but that's because he legs are still a little bit weak.

I can't believe how she's doing though. ''Please Jason.'' Alex has been begging me to let her go back to school. Hailey and Sarah haven't been telling her what it's been like for them both so she doesn't know the dangers.

   ''If I let you go, can I take you out for dinner tonight?''

   ''Even if I didn't go to school, I would say yes. So does that mean I can go to school?''

I sigh, finally giving up on her, I just couldn't say no to the face she was giving me. ''Yes, you might as well. Just take it easy okay.'' She screamed and hugged me, thanking me over and over again.

I wrapped my hands around her shoulders as she buried her head in my chest, just as Aiden walked past. ''Aiden.'' He stops in his tracks and looks at us, Alex pulls away from me. ''Alex is going to school today. Could you, Hailey and Sarah look after her please?''

   ''I don't need looking after.'' She protested.

   ''Please? It'll make me feel better.'' She sighed and I knew she wasn't letting me tell her she wasn't, she nodded. ''Thank you. Aiden will take you to school so go and get ready quickly.''