Sitting down on the wooden surface of his desk, Alexander grabbed one of the files off a stack and ran a hand through his wet curls. His intent was to finish signing the files before evening, ultimately planning on giving his demon more time to seethe freely out in a deserted forest rather than in his condo. Just as he finished reading the first line inked on the page, a knock sounded through the door.

“Mr. Gavrikov? It’s me, Sabrina.” His perky secretary popped her head in, her cherry red lips widening when she saw Alexander look up at her. She strutted in, a slightly older man who looked to be of the same age as Alexander following her. His secretary’s blouse was unbuttoned a bit more than usual; her arms were folded across her chest, allowing the tips of her bra to be visible and her cleavage to be emphasized.

Alexander raised an eyebrow, his eyes traveling to the man standing behind her. The man was quite tall, his mouth stretched into a smirk and his green orbs focused on the small blonde in front of him. He stood at the doorway, a stack of papers in his hand.

“Mr. Lucas Peters here is here for your meeting regarding the transcripts. Is that okay, Sir?” She bit her lip, flashing him a bright smile while looking his large form with hunger.

Alexander nodded, merely pushing himself off his desk and walking over to his chair without a glance. Sabrina’s smile titled into a slight frown at his dismissal, her eyes lighting up once more when she turned around and saw Lucas looking at her with a slight smirk. She licked her red lips, strutting past him with a swing of her hips, only looking over her shoulder briefly at the end of her hallway.

“Damn.” Lucas let a low whistle, his heated eyes still trained on the blonde’s retreating ass. Alexander smirked silently and settled himself into his chair, shaking his head slightly at the man’s glazed look.

“Are we ready to begin, Mr. Peters, or would you rather we cancel this so you can go talk to my secretary?” Alexander asked calmly, shaking Lucas out of his lust-filled glaze.

He turned with a wide grin on his face, holding up the stack of files and plopping them down on Alexander’s desk.

“Sorry, boss. I got a little carried away there; happens to us all.” Lucas grinned wolfishly, settling into the chair opposite of Alexander’s with the desk separating the both of them. Although meeting this guy for the first time, Alexander could tell Lucas was one of the few in the building who didn’t seem to give a care, much like he.

An hour into the meeting with Lucas, who only continued to spew jokes much to Alexander’s irritation and amusement, Alexander furrowed his brows.

The bleak atmosphere had sharpened slightly, and the dry air had turned heavy. Alexander could feel the temperature of the room heighten a few degrees, hear the pounding of the raindrops against the cold windows decrease in force, and feel small, prickling goose bumps surface on his skin; his eyes narrowed slightly, stopping his pen from scribbling against the paper and looked around the room.

The sound of a chair scraping against the carpet shifted Alexander from his thoughts. He looked up, only to see Lucas standing and moving papers around on the desk.

“Looks like I got to go, Boss.” Lucas, who was gathering papers in his hand and shuffling them into a folder, replied. He looked up at Alexander’s narrowed face and held up his beeper.  “I got another meeting in a couple of minutes; I’ll catch up with you later, Sir.”

Alexander nodded and turned back to the documents that lay askew on his desk, ignoring the sound of the door shutting softly. He was back to being surrounded by silence, even with the slight change in the room that felt significantly heavy for him. He could feel his demon itching around inside him, clearly sensing the change in the atmosphere.