Chapter 2

The show had ended and the first stringers were going back to their tents. The same young girl was in her tent with her roommate.

"You hugged, Snake, really, Snake of all of them." Said the roommate of (Y/N), Victoria. She had black hair that was usually kept in a ponytail and she normally dressed casually, only wearing her circus performance clothes when she needs to.

"Yeah, Snake is my favorite, I talk to him, and he talks to me." (Y/N) replied with a bit of sass in her voice when she talked.

"Joker talks to you all the time, he tries to get your attention constantly, though you still cling to Snake for dear life or something like that." (Y/N) just rolled her eyes and got up from her bed. "Why not trying to talk to Joker?" Said Victoria as she rolled her eyes.

"Like I said, I just like Snake, and I like to talk to him. You don't understand Victoria, he talks to me. It is actually him sometimes, and not his snakes. I don't know about you, but that makes me actually feel kind of special." You said doing a lot of hand movements as you left the tent and Victoria just watched as you left the tent.

"(Y/N). . . says Emily." (Y/N) hears from behind her. She turns around to see Snake standing behind her with Emily wrapped around his neck. The young girl smiles at Snake and he slightly smiles back to her. His smile mad her feel special, she never saw him smile towards anyone else, and he never talked to anyone else.

"Hi Snake, I was about to go looking for you, how was your show?" The (h/c) girl said as her hair blew in the gentle breeze. The two were still standing in front of (Y/N)'s tent. Victoria sat in the tent and listened to the two talking to each other.

"It went great. It was okay. . . says Goethe and Wilde." Snake said as two of the snakes reacted. The younger girl had begun to memorize the snakes and their names, just like she was learning the names of the new second stringers each year.

"That's great you two, hope it was fun for the both of you as well." (Y/N) said lightly touching the top of the snake's heads. "Now, what did you think of it Snake?" (Y/N) asked looking directly into Snake's with a smile on her face.

"I-It went w-well." He said trying to look over to the younger girl in front of him though not being able to, forcing himself to look to the side instead of her.

Victoria sat in a kind of amazement being able to hear Snake talking as himself and not translating for his snakes was almost legendary, yet (Y/N) could make him say a sentence at the snap of her finger. She sat and smiled as she continued to listen in on their conversation.

"Glad to hear that it went well, everything went right then that's good." (Y/N) said with a sigh and a smile. She walked up closer to Snake and put her arms around him, pulling him into a hug. Snake closed his eyes and kissed the top of her head gently then pulled her into a hug. He smiled and pulled her a bit tighter, and Victoria looked out and was shocked.

"You're so nice. . .says Emily." Snake said with a smile and (Y/N) backed away a bit, though the two were still close to each other.

"Aww, thank you Emily, I'm not as sweet as you are though." (Y/N) added touching the top of Emily's head with a smile, and Snake smiled again, he wasn't even trying to hide it anymore, he knew, and was okay with smiling towards her and her actions. (Y/N) put her arm out to Snake and he had a confused look on his face until he saw Emily go from his shoulders to hers.

"You're warm." Emily said slithering down the shirt of the younger performer. (Y/N)'s face went a bit red feeling the snake slither around under her clothing. She smiled and tried to ignore it as much as she could.

"So, Snake, should we take a walk around the circus or something?" (Y/N) said while looking away from Snake and putting her hands behind her back. She looked back at him with a nervous and still embarrassed expression on her face. He looked down at her for a while and smiled at her.

"Sure, let's go." Snake said turning to walk as (Y/N) followed him.

"Says, who?" The younger girl said with a smirk. Snake looked down toward her and sighed.

"Says Snake." He said with a smile and lightly petting the top of the girl's head. (Y/N)  hugged Snake's arm and kept her arm around his as they walked. (Y/N) looked up to the sky, it was dark and a bit cold. She shivered a bit and blew out heavily. Snake looked over her and kissed the top of her head, his face a bit red.

"It's nice out isn't it?" The girl said looking over to Snake. She looked into his eyes. Her (e/c) eyes looking into his amber ones. They stared at each other for a while, they stopped waking and just looked at each other.

"Yes, it's a bit cold out though wouldn't you say?" Snake said looking back in front of him and started to walk ahead. (Y/N) released his arm and followed now a bit behind them as they walked.

"Yeah, it is a bit cold out, though I have never really minded the cold." (Y/N) said while spinning in the cold night air as Snake looked over to her and just watched her with a smile and waited for her to again start walking behind him. She stopped spinning and ran up directly next to Snake. Emily still wandered within (Y/N)'s shirt taking in the warmth that the young girl gave off. When she wasn't looking another Snake slipped into her shirt and she shivered as she felt the cold scaly skin against hers.

"You are warm, would you mind if I stayed here for a bit? . . . Says Oscar." Snake said looking over to the girl who had a bit of discomfort in her expression.

"No, I don't mind, just warn me next time you decide to climb into my clothes." The girl said with a smile as she put her hands to her side calming down a bit. She sighed and looked up to Snake with a smile.

"Are you sure you're alright with it." He said raising one eyebrow. (Y/N) nodded and and then thought about the other member of the circus. They always seemed less okay with the snakes. Dagger even seemed a bit scared of them. She really didn't mind. In fact she liked them.

"They are just cold. You know if you want, we can go into our tents since it is so cold out. All of your snakes seem to be cold." The younger girl pointed out noticing Snake to seemed to shiver because of the cold air. He nodded yes and they both turned around. Snake grabbed (Y/N)'s hand and began to lead her a different way.

"Come this way. . . Says Wilde" being dragged, all that (y/n) could do was to follow him, and she did. "Watch the rope. . . Says Bronte." As they came along the rope that separated the first stringer and second stringer tents (Y/N) became confused of where they were going.

"Why are we going over here, second stringers are not supposed to be over here." She said crawling under the rope, being careful of the rope trying not to touch it.

"Come on." Snake said signaling to  the younger member to follow him over.  The younger girl sighed and followed him over to one of the tents. She knew right away, this was Snake's tent.