My Hair Pulling Neighbor Who Thinks I Dont Exist [26]

XAVI’S P.O.V

          I woke up feeling pretty awesome, I was waking up not for school, but to hang out with Lani, I was skipping school for her. When would I stop doing stupid things for her?

          The memories from last night were embedded in my brain, and I couldn’t help but smile as events from last night flashed through my mind. Tracy was a really fun and outgoing girl, she managed to help me forget Lani for a bit. A girl who was able to do that deserved more attention from me.

          I reached for my phone on the counter next to my bed… ONE NEW TEXT MESSAGE!

          Hey Xavi, last night was definitely fun, I don’t want Leilany knowing about it yet though so PLEASE try and keep it a secret for a while J see ya around! –TRACY

          I completely understood why she didn’t want Lani to know, all I could do was smile, what else would a guy want. I liked that Tracy was the kind of girl who didn’t go around telling everyone she thought I had feelings for her cause we kissed. Things just needed to stay how they were, if anything did happen… then it did.

          Twenty minutes later and I was walking out of my house and into my car, my parents had long been gone to their so called “jobs”. I never really understood how they never bothered to care and ask me how my day went, or what my grades were… Whatever!

          I texted Lani once I was outside her house; Hey butt face I’m here!

          Three seconds later… COMING GOOBER!

          I waited in the car and sure enough seconds later Lani was walking towards my car. She had on dark skinny jeans and a white loose shirt with white vans. It suited her, she always wore comfortable clothes and didn’t care about what people thought… another damn attribute that made me like her.

          “Hey there!” she shrieked as soon as she got in.

          “Well hello there, you’re very happy this morning?” I exclaimed lazily, I was still a bit tired from last night.

          “Yeah well I’m suspended but I at least get to hang out with you right? It should be a happy thing Xavi, now where are we going today? She smiled.

          Really?

          She had to smile at me that way! Yeah, I really needed to somehow get over her, and fast because she was going to completely kill me if I didn’t.

          “Wherever you want...” I said trying to keep it cool.

          She raised her hand to her face and tapped her chin with her index finger. I had to look away, I was just going to wait till I heard her speak because I couldn’t bear to look at her doing things like that. It was too tempting for me to not do anything.

          “Ok Lani I’m going to have to start driving somewhere your parents might come out wondering why we are still sitting here…”

          “Ok just start driving I’ll think about something soon enough!” she replied giving me a little punch on the shoulder. I didn’t say anything back I just smiled at her and drove away. I had thought this was going to be a bit hard, but now actually being here… it was weird that she knew how I felt about her and it was weirder for me to be sitting here knowing I know she knew.

          After about five minutes I of driving I just parked on the side of the road, she still had not decided where I was even heading to. “Ok Lani, have you decided yet?”