"Yeah," I answered. You have no idea.

"Did you know he used to live here? It's so funny, but I don't think anyone even remembers him."

I do. Before I could voice my thoughts she continued.

"Well, that's understandable since back then he didn't have very many friends. There was this one girl though. He used to email me all the time about her. Honestly, I really thought he loved her. It was crazy the way he'd write about how she was so much better than he was and her family was so rich."

"R-really?" was all I could manage. I glanced over and saw that Madison had slowly started to walk towards the other group. All of the sudden I wanted to be there too.

"Oh yeah," Lilly continued. "I used to get tons of emails telling me how gorgeous this girl was and how funny and smart and sweet and caring and... well, you get the picture."

She's looking at me. I have to say something. "Yeah," I managed.

"I finally got sick of all the emails and told him to just tell her how he felt. Honestly, if he liked her that much, then she needed to know more than I did. Besides, he'd always said how great she was." She stared off for a moment and I watched Gregory as he joked with Collin. They were both laughing. "He really is like the perfect guy," Lilly continued. "I'll never understand why that girl didn't see him for who he truly was. She seemed smarter than that. Oh well, I bet she's eating her heart out now, though." She laughed. "Got to love Karma, don'tcha?"

"Y-yeah," I nearly choked out. "W-what happened? Do you know? I mean with Greg, was he okay? After she—she—"

"Broke his heart?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know really. He seemed okay. Don't get me wrong, he was really upset and angry at first, but everything happened so fast. That girl totally crushed him the same day he found out his family was moving, so he was happy about that. At least he was able to make a clean break and not have to see her all the time, you know?"

I nodded. It was all I could do.

"Eventually it came out that it was her friends who had told her to say it. That killed him more than anything. The fact that she'd believe what her friends thought more than her own heart was something he couldn't get over. He thought he knew her better than that. Anyway, as far as I can tell he's never looked back. Not that I blame him. Besides how stupid can a girl get?" she chuckled. "It's her loss now."

Ouch.

"Who's that?" Lilly's face completely lit up as she pointed to a fully rigged blue Jeep pulling into the parking lot.

"That's Ethan, Carson's brother," I answered grateful I could change the subject. "He's the San JuanCounty reigning four-wheeling champion at the moment."

"Really?" She seemed intrigued.

I could see why. There was definitely something about the Franklin brothers that drew attention.

Ethan honked his horn pleasantly as he parked and then naturally leapt from the driver's seat. He wasn't as tall as Carson, but just as easy-going and cool in his mannerisms. His dark-haired, green-eyed, athletic build was a girl's dream. You could tell just by looking at him that he was adept at all types of sports. He was there to have good wholesome fun—no strings attached—and anyone was welcome to join him.