Jordan nodded, and a moment later, he had vanished from the spot he had been standing in.

"Get her off there," Jacob said to Loki, who complied. Jacob took her from Loki's arms, and they went straight into the tower.

*

When she finally awoke, Seline found that it wasn't to complete silence. It was to the feeling of a rather comfortable bed underneath her, and the slow and steady breathing of Tony Stark.

She turned her head to see him sitting in a chair beside her bed, his brow furrowed in concentration. He looked uncertain, even a little worried.

It took her a second to remember what had happened, but when she saw that he was alive and seemingly unharmed, she immediately sat up. She almost regretted it when she felt a soft throbbing in her left shoulder and right wrist, but ignored it.

"Are you all right?" she asked him, rushing out the words.

It took him a while to answer her. Hell, it took him a while to even look up at her.

"I'm sorry," he said, his voice so low that he was nearly whispering to her.

"Don't be," she replied, knowing what he was talking about. "You had a right not to trust me."

"I didn't trust the girl who saved my god damn life, Seline," he snapped. "I feel like shit because of that."

"You shouldn't," Seline insisted. "It's all right. You're fine, and so am I. It's in the past now."

Tony looked at her in surprise. "Why did you save me?"

"Probably for the same reason why you called me, of all people," she mumbled. "I don't really know."

He waited a few seconds, but then nodded.

"I'd be dead if you weren't there," he said. "So thanks."

"No need to thank me," she smiled.

"Yeah, there is a need. I'm the only one who didn't trust you in the entire team. You didn't have to save me, but you did. So I do need to thank you."

"Well, do you trust me now?"

"I trust you with my life, that's for sure," he said, sending her a soft and apologetic smile.

She couldn't help but laugh, and he did as well. But then that laugh faded, as she truly remembered exactly what had happened when he fell.

"Who did that to you, Tony?" she asked.

"I don't know," he said, his complexion suddenly going a little pale. "He had... Powers... Fury said it was a warlock."

She nodded slowly, but in the back of her mind, there was a shred of doubt. Had Malachai found her?

"I hope you know that, since you're pretty much a part of the team now, I've gotta find a nickname for you."

"Some people used to call me Cres," she told him.

"Why?" he asked, completely bewildered as to how someone had come up with that name.

"Because it's short for Crescent Moon. My name means "Moon" in Greek."

"Well then," he said. "I'm definitely gonna come up with another one. How about Super Girl?"

"You suck at nicknames."

"What?!" he exclaimed, mocking shock. "But that's a great nickname! Super strength, super speed!"

"Super Girl is already a thing, remember? Famous comic book character? Ring a bell, yet?"

He narrowed his eyes at her. "You're no fun."

"Whatever, Tin Man."

"If I'm Tin Man, you're Dorothy."

"Hell no!"

"Whatever, Dorothy," he snickered, winking.

"How the hell did we go from being annoyed at each other to teasing each other?"

"You saved me from falling off a building."

"Well, no, you still fell off. I just made sure I fell first," she insisted.

"Stop that," he snickered.

This was nice. They had found a new trust in each other, after Seline's actions. At the very least, they could tolerate each other's teasing. It was better than hating each other.

But something else was coming, Seline knew it. Malachai had promised he would take her soul, and for some reason, she suspected that he wasn't content to wait until the day she died. He would bring that day himself. And Annaque would follow right along with him, because he was her brother. You don't turn your back on family.

She did appreciate Annaque's morals... Buts he didn't appreciate what those morals would cause Seline to have to do.